Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Iphone 6

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    No android device needs what they have now to run. I am still on my Note 2 from 2 years ago and this 5s I have isnt any better.

I have the latest released now which is Kitkat on my note 2. Runs perfectly. And it runs perfectly on my mother's nexus 4. So i dont see what you are trying to get at.

The point is 2012 specs should have 2012 price. iPhones are one of the cheapest phones out there to make (under $180).
    When I said any phone, I didn't mean phones than would/might get the latest updates. I specifically meant phones that are stuck running ICS or JB but have the possibility to run KK through a custom ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    If you have a super powered phone which is too big, has a dim screen, does not have seamless integration etc. what is the point. Yes Nexus 5 I am talking to you. Not to mention many of the android phones are patterning iphone in bad things e.g. no access to battery, no micro sd, no fm radio etc.

Right now the only high end android phones that might be worth looking at are the HTC One M8 and the One plus One.
    I don't know what your talking about here. I have a Nexus5 and when I'm outside i still don't turn the brightness up pass 50%. The Nexus might not be as feature rich as a Galaxy phone, but I never used a phone as smooth as it. Also, I use a Infuse 4G and to be honest, both phones are about the same size so i don't know what your talking about when you say too big. Plus, what do you mean by seamless integration?

The O+O might have the best specs for its price, but then you have to ask about the software. Is CM as good as the factory image for Google? Just the other day they released and update that drained the battery and had to release another update just to fix the bugs from the previous one. Since I got my Nexus, I only got 2 updates which where more security fixes than anything else.
    Last edited by frazbox; Sep 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Build quality is actually not an opinion. Which is why reliability ratings for laptops for example can be easily found online based on number of returns, warranty repairs etc.

Judging from the majority of your posts I would be surprized if you have successfully completed secondary education. Personal insults are the name of your game on this site.

By successful I don't mean CXC passes now I mean CXC ones. If you have even ONE CXC distinction I would be surprized.

Oh yeah while you are at it please reference the books or books that refute my arguments.
    Build quality I n opinion. Some prefer metal while some prefer plastic, while some prefer glass. Build quality and reliability are 2 different things fyi.

I know have an Note 2, macbook, iphone 5s and Ipad. The iphone 5s feels like a toy and is only used when my Note 2 is on charge. However that is my opinion on its build quality.

I am way past secondary thanks. I am a systems analyst. All you had to do was ask.

Point me to the personal insults please.

Quote Originally Posted by frazbox View Post
    When I said any phone, I didn't mean phones than would/might get the latest updates. I specifically meant phones that are stuck running ICS or JB but have the possibility to run KK through a custom ROM.

I don't know what your talking about here. I have a Nexus5 and when I'm outside i still don't turn the brightness up pass 50%. The Nexus might not be as feature rich as a Galaxy phone, but I never used a phone as smooth as it. Also, I use a Infuse 4G and to be honest, both phones are about the same size so i don't know what your talking about when you say too big. Plus, what do you mean by seamless integration?

The O+O might have the best specs for its price, but then you have to ask about the software. Is CM as good as the factory image for Google? Just the other day they released and update that drained the battery and had to release another update just to fix the bugs from the previous one. Since I got my Nexus, I only got 2 updates which where more security fixes than anything else.

Funny thing is when I first saw the nexus 4 screen i was impressed.

The iphone 5s screen didnt impress me on any levels. maybe I was expecting to much based on the misinformation found on the internet.
    Last edited by pezz; Sep 11, 2014 at 11:49 AM.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The apple ads are done by GURUs Jimmy Falon and Justin Timberlake. and Finally a good way to use NFC. Nobody has gotten NFC right until now. Paypal need to start fret

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    The apple ads are done by GURUs Jimmy Falon and Justin Timberlake. and Finally a good way to use NFC. Nobody has gotten NFC right until now. Paypal need to start fret
    I wouldnt say no one has gotten NFC right until now. NFC has been done right since 4 years ago. From one touch setting up phone to syncing headphones, door keys etc.

I figure you are talking about the payment. Only Google wallet has made use of NFC for payment and paypal. however only offered in the USA.

With Apple on it now it should be adopted quicker.

Paypal has nothing to worry about. really. Why you say paypal should fret?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I wouldnt say no one has gotten NFC right until now. NFC has been done right since 4 years ago. From one touch setting up phone to syncing headphones, door keys etc.

I figure you are talking about the payment. Only Google wallet has made use of NFC for payment and paypal. however only offered in the USA.

With Apple on it now it should be adopted quicker.

Paypal has nothing to worry about. really. Why you say paypal should fret?
    Im saying paypal shud fret cuz apple dowsnt store ur credit card information so nothing can leak if there is a hack plus the extra security whith Touch ID. I think it will be adopted over paypal in a few years.

Google wallet was a flop plus the big name banks and merchants wernt onboard. Apple has done the payment system with NFC the right way
    Last edited by sk@tta; Sep 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    Im saying paypal shud fret cuz apple dowsnt store ur credit card information so nothing can leak if there is a hack plus the extra security whith Touch ID. I think it will be adopted over paypal in a few years.

But paypal is not directly competing with that :/

Google wallet is the only competitor I think should be worried.

Or maybe I dont know enough on this. Fill me in.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

RubberBand Man Guest

In terms of security no OS is safe once humans exist...

Now that apple jump on the 5" phone wagon 5" gonna pretty much become the new standard..

I'm back to a Note3 as my secondary phone and trust me, I would almost say it feels small. Lol

ApplePay gonna be the next big thing, so now Samsung and Google gonna have to play catch up in a game they already started. Lol

RubberBand Man Guest

How does Apple Pay affect us locally?

Quote Originally Posted by RubberBand Man View Post
    How does Apple Pay affect us locally?
    Doubt it will for years to come.