Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Iphone 6

Seriously.... What kind of people are these adds targeted at LOL?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The big take away for today would probably be the fruitPay.. Thats about it.. Anything else and I shall be keeping my 5s... I guess I'll do better with the "Health" features of going to the gym more often as well.
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

jomo Guest

Lmao! This must be a joke! Sigh...

I pity people who have an iPhone more than I pity cigarette smokers!

128 gigs man - EXCLUSIVITY at its best. Trying to catch me rolling dirty.

iphone 6 is a 2012 device... its comparable to a nexus 4

Does iOS need as much power to run properly as android does? I know the latest version of android can be installed on any phone but that doesn't mean it will work as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by frazbox View Post
    Does iOS need as much power to run properly as android does? I know the latest version of android can be installed on any phone but that doesn't mean it will work as it should.
    No android device needs what they have now to run. I am still on my Note 2 from 2 years ago and this 5s I have isnt any better.

I have the latest released now which is Kitkat on my note 2. Runs perfectly. And it runs perfectly on my mother's nexus 4. So i dont see what you are trying to get at.

The point is 2012 specs should have 2012 price. iPhones are one of the cheapest phones out there to make (under $180).
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    No android device needs what they have now to run. I am still on my Note 2 from 2 years ago and this 5s I have isnt any better.

I have the latest released now which is Kitkat on my note 2. Runs perfectly. And it runs perfectly on my mother's nexus 4. So i dont see what you are trying to get at.

The point is 2012 specs should have 2012 price. iPhones are one of the cheapest phones out there to make (under $180).
    Still trying to figure out why this guy or girl or other called pezz is allowed to continuously insult people with views which differ from his? When others do even half of what he is doing they are warned. Then we sit back and wonder why this site is a shell of its former self.

Someone telling us about Kitkat on a Note 2 is being disingenuous. The note II phablet is not on the same update cycles as the galaxy phones. Hence, it got Kitkat much sooner, to put that in context the s4 a 2013 device only began receiving kitkat HOURS ago through official channels. 2012 devices like the S3 have no kitkat through official channels, someone would have to root their phone AND install a custom rom. Not even the average "techie" is doing that particularly the latter much less average users. The iphone 5s is a 2013 device and has to be compared with another 2013 the S4 and apple had the ios 7.1.2 update for it a little while ago.

Personally, my phone history in recent times has been Nokia N95 8gb>Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100>Nexus 5 16gb red>Iphone 5s.

The find the iphone 5s to be better than both the androids I have owned. Why reliability in the first instance. This is not just a specs and pricing battle. If you have a super powered phone which is going to start giving issues after a year and two then what is the point? When I got the s2 it was basically the best phone in the world and for the price I paid I thought I could have kept it a little while longer. Case in point my N95 still works.

If you have a super powered phone which is too big, has a dim screen, does not have seamless integration etc. what is the point. Yes Nexus 5 I am talking to you. Not to mention many of the android phones are patterning iphone in bad things e.g. no access to battery, no micro sd, no fm radio etc.

Most manufacturers are playing the same game, it is just that apple is the king of playing the game.

The only phone that has gotten me this excited was the Nokia n95 8GB.

Sure there are things to dislike about apple. Certainly it also subscribes to the planned obsolescence that Samsung uses, it exercises control over your device, no fm radio, no access to battery, sometimes a little sluggish when doing a lot of things at once.

Right now the only high end android phones that might be worth looking at are the HTC One M8 and the One plus One.

As avis car rental company had as its slogan "We are number two so we word harder." I find that Samsung has gotten complacent and the product quality has really dropped. Plus, Samsung has never been known for its reliability.

Specs alone do not make a device, construction, craftsmanship, reliability all have to be taken in consideration. Most android phones today are throwaway cheapos Alcatel, Huawei, Blu etc.

Only Apple and HTC come close to the Nokia quality standard these days it seems.

People are talking about the price of manufacturing an iphone in comparison to its retail price. I can only imagine the manufacturing costs of the cheap samsung phones using plastic and other cheap materials but selling for not that much cheaper than the iphone. Right now the galaxy s5 is more expensive than an iphone 5s factory unlocked 16gb.

I have jailbroken my iphone 5s and have access to a ton of stuff through cydia so I do not really feel left out from the android world. I also have a cheap android huawei as a secondary device, which is actually not a bad phone considering the $6000 I paid for it.

There are fanboys on every side and it seems these days the android fanboys are worse than the apple fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Still trying to figure out why this guy or girl or other called pezz is allowed to continuously insult people with views which differ from his? When others do even half of what he is doing they are warned. Then we sit back and wonder why this site is a shell of its former self.

Someone telling us about Kitkat on a Note 2 is being disingenuous. The note II phablet is not on the same update cycles as the galaxy phones. Hence, it got Kitkat much sooner, to put that in context the s4 a 2013 device only began receiving kitkat HOURS ago through official channels. 2012 devices like the S3 have no kitkat through official channels, someone would have to root their phone AND install a custom rom. Not even the average "techie" is doing that particularly the latter much less average users. The iphone 5s is a 2013 device and has to be compared with another 2013 the S4 and apple had the ios 7.1.2 update for it a little while ago.

Personally, my phone history in recent times has been Nokia N95 8gb>Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100>Nexus 5 16gb red>Iphone 5s.

The find the iphone 5s to be better than both the androids I have owned. Why reliability in the first instance. This is not just a specs and pricing battle. If you have a super powered phone which is going to start giving issues after a year and two then what is the point? When I got the s2 it was basically the best phone in the world and for the price I paid I thought I could have kept it a little while longer. Case in point my N95 still works.

If you have a super powered phone which is too big, has a dim screen, does not have seamless integration etc. what is the point. Yes Nexus 5 I am talking to you. Not to mention many of the android phones are patterning iphone in bad things e.g. no access to battery, no micro sd, no fm radio etc.

Most manufacturers are playing the same game, it is just that apple is the king of playing the game.

The only phone that has gotten me this excited was the Nokia n95 8GB.

Sure there are things to dislike about apple. Certainly it also subscribes to the planned obsolescence that Samsung uses, it exercises control over your device, no fm radio, no access to battery, sometimes a little sluggish when doing a lot of things at once.

Right now the only high end android phones that might be worth looking at are the HTC One M8 and the One plus One.

As avis car rental company had as its slogan "We are number two so we word harder." I find that Samsung has gotten complacent and the product quality has really dropped. Plus, Samsung has never been known for its reliability.

Specs alone do not make a device, construction, craftsmanship, reliability all have to be taken in consideration. Most android phones today are throwaway cheapos Alcatel, Huawei, Blu etc.

Only Apple and HTC come close to the Nokia quality standard these days it seems.

People are talking about the price of manufacturing an iphone in comparison to its retail price. I can only imagine the manufacturing costs of the cheap samsung phones using plastic and other cheap materials but selling for not that much cheaper than the iphone. Right now the galaxy s5 is more expensive than an iphone 5s factory unlocked 16gb.

I have jailbroken my iphone 5s and have access to a ton of stuff through cydia so I do not really feel left out from the android world. I also have a cheap android huawei as a secondary device, which is actually not a bad phone considering the $6000 I paid for it.

There are fanboys on every side and it seems these days the android fanboys are worse than the apple fanboys.

First of all... Where did i insult anyone??? You are the only one here making an attempt to insult someone. You failed miserably btw.

Build quality is an opinion. Just incase you didnt know. Your opinion is not a fact. just incase you also didnt know.

Go read a book before you try to argue facts please.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    First of all... Where did i insult anyone??? You are the only one here making an attempt to insult someone. You failed miserably btw.

Build quality is an opinion. Just incase you didnt know. Your opinion is not a fact. just incase you also didnt know.

Go read a book before you try to argue facts please.
    Build quality is actually not an opinion. Which is why reliability ratings for laptops for example can be easily found online based on number of returns, warranty repairs etc.

Judging from the majority of your posts I would be surprized if you have successfully completed secondary education. Personal insults are the name of your game on this site.

By successful I don't mean CXC passes now I mean CXC ones. If you have even ONE CXC distinction I would be surprized.

Oh yeah while you are at it please reference the books or books that refute my arguments.