Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crytek Faced Xbox One ESRAM Issues, Less Powerful than PC

Post Crytek Faced Xbox One ESRAM Issues, Less Powerful than PC

I just had to post this, especially for all you console peasants out there :

Crytek Faced Xbox One ESRAM Issues, Console Hardware Considerably Less Powerful Than High-End PCs

During this year’s SIGGRAPH, Crytek’s Nicolas Schulz and Theodor Mader finally admitted how much more powerful high-end PCs were compared to both current-gen consoles at launch. Obviously this isn’t surprising at all, but it’s at least good to see developers admitting what we already knew.
    As Crytek’s Rendering Engineers revealed, when both Xbox One and PS4 were already dated the moment they came out.

“Console hardware was considerably less powerful than high-end PCs at launch” reads Crytek’s SIGGRAPH 2014 presentation.
    Full Story here:
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crytek...-high-end-pcs/
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I dont think we needed Crytek to say that.

Even the PS4 is fail compared to mid highend pc.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Build a gaming PC for $400. Better yet, $340 if you remove the cost of the controller and see how powerful and reliable it is. Gamespot did it when they released at $500 (xbone launch price) and even then they went over budget with a negligible performance difference.

PCs are more powerful yes, but you'll be paying a premium for that. Most people are happy with the performance they get from a console.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Build a gaming PC for $400. Better yet, $340 if you remove the cost of the controller and see how powerful and reliable it is. Gamespot did it when they released at $500 (xbone launch price) and even then they went over budget with a negligible performance difference.

PCs are more powerful yes, but you'll be paying a premium for that. Most people are happy with the performance they get from a console.
    Well considering the cost you'll be paying for subscriptions like Xbox Live and PSN, not to mention the majority of console games cost over $60, eventually you'll be spending way more than you would for a high end PC that is even backward compatible with games.

I doubt you can play PS3 games in PS4, or am I wrong?
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

PS+ is $50 per year. You can usually get it for sale between $20-30 on Black Friday. With that you get the instant game collection across PS3, PS Vita and PS4 with that one subscription. You also get 1GB of online storage per device for save files (PS3 and 4 backs up and updates apps automatically even if they're "off", IDK about Vita, don't have one). With your subscription you also get some pretty steep discounts on games as well as some early access to Betas. I've had PS+ long before it became mandatory for online and it has more than paid for itself. You don't *need* it for anything except multiplayer on PS4, so if you're primarily a solo player it's not an issue. Even then, not every MP game requires it.

If I like a game I'll buy it when it comes out at full price ($60). I get it quickly plus it supports the devs. Most PC gamers I know just wait for steam sales and don't play %10 of what they buy anyway. Kind of a waste IMO. If you play what you buy, that's good though. Steam has some really great sales. I'm very selective in the games I buy, but if I don't like it or I've beaten it with no desire to replay it, I'll email amazon and they'll send me a shipping label that I can use to trade it in for credit. Can't do that on Steam. Origin has a 24Hr refund policy I think though.

Regarding backwards compatibility, no the PS4 isn't BC, but my ps3 sits just beneath my PS4 in my entertainment center. If I want to play a PS3 game I just pop it right in. It's not like the old days where you have to unhook one console to play another. Most TVs these days have quite a few HDMI ports. Even if that wasn't the case, once this gen really picks up I doubt I'll be going back to those old games very often (my PS1 and 2 are probably in a closet somewhere). The only thing I still play on my PS3 is Tekken Tag 2 (Tekken Revolution as well) and Street Fighter now and then. After Tekken 7 comes out I'll only play the old versions for nostalgic reasons every once in a while.

When I look at the immediate cost of getting into gaming a console will always win. Sure you can get a better experience on a PC, but it can be a hassle at times and the cost is greater. Then of course you have the exclusives. What great PC exclusives are currently out there that can't run on my old laptop? Some MOBA? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Well considering the cost you'll be paying for subscriptions like Xbox Live and PSN, not to mention the majority of console games cost over $60, eventually you'll be spending way more than you would for a high end PC that is even backward compatible with games.

I doubt you can play PS3 games in PS4, or am I wrong?
    if u need to play some ps3 games on the ps4, just use the playstation now streaming service..

They need to work on their pricing model for that before anyone takes it seriously.

Yeah I get most of your points posted, and mostly agree with supporting the developers so they can make more and better games in the future. But in the end the PC Master race will always win as majority of these so called 'next gen' console games are locked at 900p and 30 fps.

This ofcourse explains why these consoles are in the affordable range of a low end computer.

I personally don't have anything against consoles, as I've being gaming since the days when there were those LCD games that when you hold down the reset button you see all the movement areas you can make on the screen .

Last console I ever owned was the Nintendo 64 and I sold it and bought a Desktop computer, and started getting into strategy and fps games.

Eventually I wanted more variety and later found out that I can emulate the N64, PSOne, PS2, Snes, GBA, Dolphin, etc games on computer and play them with a controller, which is really nice considering these games are called indie/retro games these days and you can still play them and bring back memories of those days.

Well, Steam's the best thing to happen to PC gaming and they gave M$ and Sony the idea for digitizing and cloud storing games, so people don't have to bother with disks anymore.

So in the end it all depends on personal preference and either way we the consumers win.

xbox hater don't hate it
    knowlegde is power
    sharing it is the key

Quote Originally Posted by mr adrian View Post
    xbox hater don't hate it
    I can't hate what I don't own or ever played. Just stating facts.