Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in becoming a Co-founder for a Tech Start-up?

Default Anyone interested in becoming a Co-founder for a Tech Start-up?

Hey Guys,

I would like to take this opportunity to invite anyone that is interested in becoming a co-founder in an Ecommerce based tech-start. The idea was pitched to the folks at start-up Jamaica, and we were selected for the boot camp stage of the programme.

As mentioned previously, we are attempting to build a game changing Ecommerce platform that will cover areas such as; Electronic payments, shipping and logistics.

The most critical component in building a successful company, is having a good team. Consequently, if you are interested in working on a very cool project, and have a very strong knowledge of Front-End development (HTML,JS, CSS), Back-end development (Wiling to learn python), or General business development skills, then shoot me an email at raferbop@gmail.com

I would also like to point out that we are looking for people who strive to over achieve, because mediocrity won't be tolerated.

I am curious about the "game changing" aspect.

With the plethora of e-commerce packages available. Free and paid.

How does this project standout?

@datdread...before I answer your question, can give me some examples of the "plethora of e-commerce packages available. Free and paid." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafer View Post
    @datdread...before I answer your question, can give me some examples of the "plethora of e-commerce packages available. Free and paid." ?
    Google

Or

Google

Not really ecommerce but:

I use FrontAccounting as my backend for one of my "businesses" with a simple homebrew plugin to connect it to Wordpress.

Not trying to undermine your efforts.

I am interested because me and my associates often setup free e-commerce packages for clients.

So.

What makes this one stand out?

Or

Why would someone want to invest time and effort in this?

"Game Changing" is just a cliche nowadays
    Last edited by datdread; Aug 24, 2014 at 09:51 AM.

The reason why I asked was that there is no ecommerce platform today that would allow say Jamaicans to get paid in Jamaica. I literally mean having the ability to sell your goods online and having those monies lodge to your local bank account at NCB, BNS, JNBS, etc.

The next issue is shipping logistics. Our platform will seek to handle the logistics of getting your product from your business to the buyer, regardless of where your consumers located in the world.

There is no suitable ecommerce platform in Jamaica can actually do this right now, and we would like to offer local merchants these tools. The fact is, I can go to ebay and purchase a "beats by dre headset" and have it delivered to my local post office, but as Jamaicans, we don't have the same opportunity to ship our goods overseas without much hassle.

The reason why I asked was that there is no ecommerce platform today that would allow say Jamaicans to get paid in Jamaica. I literally mean having the ability to sell your goods online and having those monies lodge to your local bank account at NCB, BNS, JNBS, etc.

The next issue is shipping logistics. Our platform will seek to handle the logistics of getting your product from your business to the buyer, regardless of where your consumers located in the world.

There is no suitable ecommerce platform in Jamaica can actually do this right now, and we would like to offer local merchants these tools. The fact is, I can go to ebay and purchase a "beats by dre headset" and have it delivered to my local post office, but as Jamaicans, we don't have the same opportunity to ship our goods overseas without much hassle.
    True.

Though there are creative solutions popping up

My understanding of this proposed package is:

This is to be a Homebrew International Accounting Backend with a Consumer Frontend supported by a Homebrew Fedex/UPS like international shipping network.

That's quite the undertaking...
    Last edited by datdread; Aug 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Its a huge project, but it does simplify the process of cross border transactions for local bsuinesses.

Its a huge project, but it does simplify the process of cross border transactions for local bsuinesses.
    With regards to cross border transaction. My tertiary focus is on the cryptocurrency front. It simplifies a lot but not yet prime time ready.

NCB and BNS supports ecommerce but you probably would have to use the platform they are using e.g. PrestaShop or Magento.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

I am very curious (pleasantly of course) as to how this will turn out. I really wish I had the time to invest in this. Keep me on your mailing list though. kemoy.plowright@shayzam.com
    The easiest way to reach potential customers.