Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 215 applications for Start-Up Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Read more: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...business5.html

Anyone here had signed up for this?
    I applied, but after an interview they said I/my business wasn't ready, so I can't say much about it. I will say that I think that StartUp Jamaica is the first serious large-scale attempt to support start up companies in Jamaica, and I'm hoping to see some success stories come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Also people should note that this initiative by the government won't work without changing the culture of the people.
    I think you have it backwards, it's not culture that is going to determine whether this initiative succeeds or not, it's the success of the initiative that is going to change culture. All we need is at least one really successful company and many many people will be trying to imitate them (behave and think like them).

Quote Originally Posted by sking View Post
    ....(behave and think like them)....
    One size fits all. Monoculturalism. All whites or all blacks or all business. Demonize if different.

This initiative is already a failure i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by sking View Post
    I think you have it backwards, it's not culture that is going to determine whether this initiative succeeds or not, it's the success of the initiative that is going to change culture. All we need is at least one really successful company and many many people will be trying to imitate them (behave and think like them).
    All it will lead back to is people buying name brand. Thats 90% of jamaica's culture.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality