Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Android Gaming Tablet - JXD s7800

Default Android Gaming Tablet - JXD s7800

Thinking about getting of these http://www.geekbuying.com/item/JXD-S...GB-318433.html A nice android gaming tablet with a physical controls. What do you all think, have you guys used any of these before what are your experiences like?

Also I have seen where there are customs roms available for the device to remove some of the Chinese bloatware.

And please leave out the "why not just buy INSERT NAME OF ANY OTHER TABLET/GAMING DEVICE HERE" I saw this and I like it and for the price I think its well worth it, hence I am gonna buy it.
    Last edited by topanaris; Aug 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Pretty good for the price.

but why not something more powerful like the Nvidia tablet?

But anyways this one you found seems great to me if you just all about gaming.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I thought about the shield 1 and tablet, but it came down to cost, the Shield 1,costs $199 and I heard it was heavy and got very uncomfortable after extended use. And the shield tablet costs $299 and the controller is not included. So all things considered I thought this is the best deal available, plus shipping by DHL still had the price under $150. And its all about gaming right now, I dont do consoles much anymore and I absolutely detest playing games that require a controller on a touch screen, I rather something I can hold and keep myself occupied while wifey watch SYTTD.
    Last edited by topanaris; Aug 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM.

Seems you already made up your mind.

Since you can't afford the Nvidia Shield Tablet, maybe you should consider the one before it (Nvidia Shield). It has the screen attached to the device and can display on tv's, etc and even has Steam support.

Checkout the video launch on it below which shows you pretty much all the details of it. Fast forward video to about 10:06 to see the demo of it:

Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post

Since you can't afford the Nvidia Shield Tablet, maybe you should consider the one before it (Nvidia Shield). It has the screen attached to the device and can display on tv's, etc and even has Steam support.

Checkout the video launch on it below which shows you pretty much all the details of it. Fast forward video to about 10:06 to see the demo of it:
    Based on your history of recommended stuff based on if Nvidia is in it or not... i wouldn't really take your advice.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post

I addressed that in my second post reviews say the shield is too heavy, its not a matter of being able to afford but more a matter of perceived value, if I could get the shield for $150 then I would definitely buy it.

Did you get this device yet?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Did you get this device yet?
    Nope, actually I got another device instead, heard the support for the JXD sucks eggs - got the GPD 5A instead, see a video below. Looks like its more comfortable and reviews say the battery life is much better.

Will update once it arrives.

And if no one asked you wouldnt have said anything smh...
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    And if no one asked you wouldnt have said anything smh...
    Was gonna say something witty......but you are right, I will definitely update once I get to feel it out.