Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Satanforce needs you!!!

Default Satanforce needs you!!!

Guys, I need your help. I would like create a team that is focused on the design of 2D games (up to and including BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend and Muramasa Demon Blade level) through study of the boards that they are run and dissassemblies of the games themselves. The first such game I would like us to study is Sonic, or more appropriately, the Sonic series for the Sega Genesis. I suggest this (relatively) simple game, due to the amount of documentation that is already available for it , and the Motorola 68000 microprocessor that powered it on the Sega Genesis.It would be good i you have skills in

- Assembly Language (8-bit or higher)
    - Low level code optimization (like using bitwise shifting instead of trying to divide)
    - 2D game physics (distance and length of time of a jump)
    - Tracker music composition
    - Pixel art

Remember guys, this can grow into something really big, much more than simple games hacks. Answer via thread, or PM.
    Last edited by Satanforce; Aug 17, 2014 at 11:31 AM.
    Phone: Nokia 1200 with Satantendo ROM v.3.3
    Laptop: (Pentium III 850 MHz, 512 MB, 60 GB)
    Console: Sega Dreamcast
    Check out my blog: http://satanforce.wordpress.com/

I dont work for satan....

Sorry
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I dont work for satan....

Sorry
    Enforced. Even if I had the skills to contribute I wouldn't either. If the man serious and was just messing around fix up the thing proper and try again.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Aug 17, 2014 at 09:31 AM.

gwaan play with fire you soon get wire...KMT "satan army" DWL not even a ice mint you de get from me.
    Asus X502CA (THIN)
    S5 (Dual Sim) Original not Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Enforced. Even if I had the skills to contribute I wouldn't either. If the man serious and was just messing around fix up the thing proper and try again.
    I will comply.

So any of you guys good with simple processors, without pipelining , or SIMD?
    Last edited by Satanforce; Aug 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Lol. I liked it. It was unique and catchy. Now he went off and edited the darn thing...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

i has none of those skills. little java and android, little web design. I can be a test monkey though.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by Satanforce View Post

- Assembly Language (8-bit or higher)
    - Low level code optimization (like using bitwise shifting instead of trying to divide)

- 2D game physics (distance and length of time of a jump)
    - Tracker music composition
    - Pixel art
    Curious...

Why go through the trouble when tools like Unity are available?

Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    Curious...

Why go through the trouble when tools like Unity are available?
    Because the point of my exercise is to develop an indigenous core of hardware-level programmers. Bare metal is where the speed comes from, and bare metal is where the money is. Game building is secondary, besides, using a library would be counter-productive, as we would be building our own indigenous libraries anyway, for 2D games a la Capcom and SNK. For now, I feel that using toy systems like these will help gauge just where we in Jamaica re in terms of bare metal systems programming.

Now, if we have people who are nice with more modern instruction sets, I would be more than glad to set up some Assembly lessons. We can then move on to more...interesting systems.. However, from what I have seen, both on this forum and in real life, Jmaiacans are more into Web Programming and System Administration - uninteresting stuff.

In other words, this is a low level programming club. So if you have better things to do than make silly comments about pictures and posters, and want to be recognized for something other than running and singing, I will be waiting.

Because the point of my exercise is to develop an indigenous core of hardware-level programmers. Bare metal is where the speed comes from,
    Truth

....and bare metal is where the money is.....
    Not necessarily true...but ok.

Game building is secondary, besides, using a library would be counter-productive, as we would be building our own indigenous libraries anyway, for 2D games a la Capcom and SNK. For now, I feel that using toy systems like these will help gauge just where we in Jamaica re in terms of bare metal systems programming.
    That statement makes this project appear MORE like an ego trip.

Now, if we have people who are nice with more modern instruction sets, I would be more than glad to set up some Assembly lessons. We can then move on to more...interesting systems.. However, from what I have seen, both on this forum and in real life, Jmaiacans are more into Web Programming and System Administration - uninteresting stuff.

In other words, this is a low level programming club. So if you have better things to do than make silly comments about pictures and posters, and want to be recognized for something other than running and singing, I will be waiting.
    LOL..so you start recruitment by belittling your audience...this should go far (NOT).

Don't get me wrong.

I respect that strategy: Establishing that leadership position from the "get go".
    However, when team dynamics change. As they always do.
    Things could get rocky.

Your psychotic approach to recruitment is interesting to say the least. Care to blog as events unfold?
    Last edited by datdread; Aug 18, 2014 at 09:35 AM.