Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Choosing A Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    If you read my post, you will understand that I just need a basic phone with a QWERTY keyboard. I already have a tablet, laptop and desktop. No need for that functionality on my phone. In addition, the battery life of smartphones with all of that stuff running is not impressive.
    The newer smartphones since 2013 are coming with bigger batteries and the latest Android Kitkat, which uses way less recources and manages battery life very well, so battery life won't be much of a concern any more.

And there are portable chargers available for them as well so there are tons of options.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

That is good news for people who need those features.

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    The newer smartphones since 2013 are coming with bigger batteries and the latest Android Kitkat, which uses way less recources and manages battery life very well, so battery life won't be much of a concern any more.

And there are portable chargers available for them as well so there are tons of options.
    Fact is he doesn't want those features. I understand his views, really don't need all those features on a phone. I do though.

Also I think he wants 2 days or more battery life. only a bb is close to that... Depending on which bb he gets.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Jomo, I thought you were using an M8 and Samsung's were Razors. You are so confusing. Glad you took everyone's advice though that swiping beats keyboards any day.

@Jamrock don't choose any Blackberry without a BB 10 OS. You may not be using Apps now but my want to in the immediate future and BB OS 7 and below is basically end of life. A refurb Q10 may be an option for you.

I tried the m8 but went back to an s5 to use a gear watch and it's just nicer to use and I don't use the swype function in SwiftKey, to me that sucks, just love the keyboard and the autocorrect is top notch, half the time I'm typing crap and it figures out what I mean to say, like right now...

And as for battery life, 9900 wouldn't even last me half a day had to walk around with 2 batteries... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I tried the m8 but went back to an s5 to use a gear watch and it's just nicer to use and I don't use the swype function in SwiftKey, to me that sucks, just love the keyboard and the autocorrect is top notch, half the time I'm typing crap and it figures out what I mean to say, like right now...

And as for battery life, 9900 wouldn't even last me half a day had to walk around with 2 batteries... Lol
    LOL @ 9900

I like the swype.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    LOL @ 9900

I like the swype.
    Yeah, you got Swype and massively improved text predictions and auto corrects and a battery rating of 3000+ MaH.

If he makes the switch to Android he'll most certainly not look back.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Yeah, you got Swype and massively improved text predictions and auto corrects and a battery rating of 3000+ MaH.

If he makes the switch to Android he'll most certainly not look back.

A girl i know has always been an iPhone user and swore she hates android and won't get one.

She eventually tried a Nexus 5. Now she is saying why did she ever buy an iPhone.

To add to that, all my friends who use to use bb now on android and haven't looked back.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

jomo Guest

I gave an iPhone trying to sell for a friend and believe you me, I feel like a retard just looking at the 4 inch screen I have to turn the phone OFF, she hates the phone it was a gift and she cannot even read the text much less type on it... Sigh

Amazing how we have come full circle again with large surface areas for phones. Prior to the smartphones everyone was looking for the smallest phone possible as they only need to make calls.

Now calls only last a minute or two except for tech support, meetings and sweethearts as most things done on phones are either typing, browsing, gaming, video or taking pics where bigger is better.

Who would have thought...

Amazing how we have come full circle again with large surface areas for phones. Prior to the smartphones everyone was looking for the smallest phone possible as they only need to make calls.
    It seems to me that tablets and phones are merging into a single device. Phones have been getting bigger to facilitate functions normally done on a tablet.

A girl i know has always been an iPhone user and swore she hates android and won't get one.

She eventually tried a Nexus 5. Now she is saying why did she ever buy an iPhone.
    One thing still freaks me out. There are a whole lot of people who purchase 60,000.00 + phones one year. They change them out the following year, because they are no longer the hot new thing.

Some people profile with hot cars. Others profile with hot phones. Then there are those who profile with both. The whole thing is quite amusing to watch.