Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Choosing A Blackberry

Default Choosing A Blackberry

I want to purchase a Blackberry phone. Never needed one before but the other phones with keyboards are off the market. My Nokia C3 died of old age and I need a replacement.

I am one of the few Jamaicans who uses a phone to speak with people and send texts. Don't need social media, email, music, etc. on my phone. Must have a good speaker since I do tech support from time to time. Believe it or not, people like me still exist.

I see new Blackberry Bold 9900 and 9930 phones on Ebay for USD 100 - 200. I went into a Digicel store yesterday and saw a Curve 9320. I am willing to spend 50,000 - 100,000 on a TV, laptop or computer but not on a phone, so the Q10 and Z10 are not options.

Any recommendations?

I'd say get a Q10 truly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-Q...item1c44743581

Or you could do what I did. Get a Z10 that was damaged and fix it. Cost me about JMD$8,000 for the phone and I just did the repairs myself. Total cost of parts was about $2,300.

If you're determined to get one of the older platform phones then go with the 9900 or the 9930. Whatever you do - don't get a Curve. Known for the rubber keys falling out. If you want to get one then IMMEDIATELY get a protective case.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

jomo Guest

Lol, can't believe I felt like this dude a while back, now on a s5 with SwiftKey typing faster and easier than I ever could on any BlackBerry...

Anyway the 9900 is a good option.... In fact I have one lying around on my dashboard or sumn hoping some car glass wiper will steal it, haha

Jomo, I thought you were using an M8 and Samsung's were Razors. You are so confusing. Glad you took everyone's advice though that swiping beats keyboards any day.

@Jamrock don't choose any Blackberry without a BB 10 OS. You may not be using Apps now but my want to in the immediate future and BB OS 7 and below is basically end of life. A refurb Q10 may be an option for you.

Q10 or Z30 Full Stop.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I can't believe people like you still exist either. Esp on a tech site...

Whether you want to accept it or not, feature phones and BBs are dead. Stop holding yourself back and be more like Jomo just this once. He saw the light when he actually tried something more advanced. You'll be surprised by how many of those functions you eventually end up using that dramatically increase your productivity.

I'm not willing to spend more than $50,000 on a laptop though (or phone for that matter), and I think TVs are overrated. Even the smart ones.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Q10 or Z30 Full Stop.
    Z30 is good but no removable battery. Unless you don't mind that.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Z30 is good but no removable battery. Unless you don't mind that.
    I don't mind it.. iPhone/HTC got me used to that..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    I want to purchase a Blackberry phone. Never needed one before but the other phones with keyboards are off the market. My Nokia C3 died of old age and I need a replacement.

I am one of the few Jamaicans who uses a phone to speak with people and send texts. Don't need social media, email, music, etc. on my phone. Must have a good speaker since I do tech support from time to time. Believe it or not, people like me still exist.

I see new Blackberry Bold 9900 and 9930 phones on Ebay for USD 100 - 200. I went into a Digicel store yesterday and saw a Curve 9320. I am willing to spend 50,000 - 100,000 on a TV, laptop or computer but not on a phone, so the Q10 and Z10 are not options.

Any recommendations?
    Boss you mad no buy no blackberry, if them come rob you and is a blackberry you have them might shoot you for disrespect. Do you self a favor get a cup and a string it smarter than the black berry anyway. LOL but for real you want a blackberry you just a come from prison?
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

Quote Originally Posted by VRTECJA View Post
    Boss you mad no buy no blackberry, if them come rob you and is a blackberry you have them might shoot you for disrespect. Do you self a favor get a cup and a string it smarter than the black berry anyway. LOL but for real you want a blackberry you just a come from prison?
    If you read my post, you will understand that I just need a basic phone with a QWERTY keyboard. I already have a tablet, laptop and desktop. No need for that functionality on my phone. In addition, the battery life of smartphones with all of that stuff running is not impressive.