Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Learn Linux with This Free edX Course from the Linux Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    It woulda nice if mi could watch the videos without pausing to let it buffer. It ruff when yuh on a Digicel 3G modem. #TheStruggleIsReal
    Good Lord. You have my utmost sympathy.

To be fair. 3G service ran surprisingly well for me in SOME parts of Kingston. Some parts

Once upon a time I was able to render a clean voip conference with associates abroad. I remember that day well 'cause I haven't had another since.

Naturally @ home the 3G service is abysmal so I've opted to work with "Phlough". Long live Phlough.

The course is mostly text-based. This seems to be a trend on edX. It's less appealing to me than Coursera and Udacity where there are more lecture videos with the corresponding text only as a supplement. As advertised though, this course is designed for beginners,and takes you to beyond intermediate it seems. After completing this I'd imagine all one needs to do is continue practicing what was learnt and you'll be on your way to sysadmin level.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions