Thread: SwiftKey goes free on Android

Default SwiftKey goes free on Android

Popular Android keyboard application SwiftKey today decided to drop its $3.99 price tag and go free on the Play Store. The change comes with the latest update, that also brings with it many other features.

One of the features is a new content store that will let you download premium themes for the keyboard. SwiftKey previously came with a handful of themes built-in, but now you can download more from their store. Those who previously purchased the keyboard will get premium themes worth $4.99 for free.

Other than that, there is also now support for emoji, so if you have a phone running Android KitKat, you won’t have to switch over to the stock keyboard to be able to enter emoji. There will also be an optional new number row now that lets you enter numbers without having switch to the special characters mode.

Other features include an improved prediction engine, new languages support (Belarusian, Mongolian, Tatar, Uzbek and Welsh), new and improved flow trails and a new default theme – ‘Nickel’.

Source
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Got it this morning was on the paid version so I got 10 free premium themes for free. A few themes are really nice and the number row and emoji support are good features. The best had got even better.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

well mine was free from day one - but would have paid for it

i like the premium themes
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

jomo Guest

SwiftKey is by far the best, but could still improve a bit, it's learning my dutty talk dem, slowly, but surely, LOL

Is this feature built into HTC's sense? Cause I think I have been using something like this with HTC Sense keyboard?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow