Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Download of Visual Studio .Net

Default Free Download of Visual Studio .Net

Here http://msdn.microsoft.com/getthebetas/

Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server™ 2005 were designed to help you build data-driven applications more easily and quickly than before. Order Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and experience the integration of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 for yourself.
    I dont need to know everything, I just need to know where to find the answer...Einstein

Omar O Thompson (CISA, CCSP, CCDA, CCNA, NCDS(CS1000), LPIC-1, Linux+)

What's the catch? The beta expires somewhere down the road I guess?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

The catch is simple, they are BETAS
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

I tried this and its buggy, it look good, i like it, just the fact that when it no longer beta it will cost hundreds of usd.
    Last edited by leoandru; May 6, 2005 at 04:22 PM.

I am using it on a virtual installation of windows 2003 (vmware) and it is quite fine by me. I think microsoft is making moves in the right direction, I am really anticipating the releases for these
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

keroed1 Guest

ok cool going try downloading it and try it out how big is the file tech_guru? or anybody remembers how big it is?

There is some where I read that the file size for a single language express edition without the documents was ~50MB. Anyone has downloaded one of the express languages http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/ ?

If you follow the same link you can go to a manual install page, where the download of VB express network install is 498,248 KB ~ 500MB. I downloaded the Visual Web Developer Express and a Microsoft Virtual PC but I have not installed either yet because I am waiting on a new hard drive. However I have already started some reading.

Question: There is a SQL Server Express Edition has any tried it. I wish to try it too, but I am wondering how is the best way to download it, zeen as how I downloaded another express product?
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire
    There is some where I read that the file size for a single language express edition without the documents was ~50MB. Anyone has downloaded one of the express languages http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/ ?

If you follow the same link you can go to a manual install page, where the download of VB express network install is 498,248 KB ~ 500MB. I downloaded the Visual Web Developer Express and a Microsoft Virtual PC but I have not installed either yet because I am waiting on a new hard drive. However I have already started some reading.

Question: There is a SQL Server Express Edition has any tried it. I wish to try it too, but I am wondering how is the best way to download it, zeen as how I downloaded another express product?
    tell me wat are these expreses about are they just simple beta versions of the new version of sql and vb.net softwares hope that ques. dont sound too dumb

Yes, they are beta 2

I think they are the same beta 2 in Visual Studio 2005, but they have less features and they are just a single language exect Visual web developer. It states that they are for students and hobbyist and not for professionals
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire
    I think they are the same beta 2 in Visual Studio 2005, but they have less features and they are just a single language exect Visual web developer. It states that they are for students and hobbyist and not for professionals
    ok cool thanks fo rclarification