Thread: BB Z10 Contacts Disappears Overnight [HELP!]

Default BB Z10 Contacts Disappears Overnight [HELP!]

A friend of mine has a BB Z10, the phone was working fine up to yesterday and over the weekend but since today (or last night) all of a sudden all her contacts have disappeared! When you go to Contacts > All Contacts you only see SIM contacts, BBM and email contacts from yahoo and hotmail..
    I tried a battery pull and shutting down the phone and bringing it up back but that did not bring back her contacts.
    Apart from the contacts issue the phone is working fine, She has not installed any new apps or BB software updates lately so i'm clueless as to what maybe causing the issue
    *We have no Backup of her Contacts*
    Anyone can help me troubleshoot this or shed some light on this issue, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure how the contacts could disappear without taking all the others with them unless they were all deleted. Do a backup and see if they come back.

Why the contacts would suddenly disappear is a mystery. Most contacts either sync locally and with an email or with Outlook. Check and ensure that they're actually there.

BB10 has this new thing called "LINK" which is really nice but also really confusing. I can't copy linked data to my PC for some reason if it wasn't originally there or set to be saved there. Retarded IMO. Anyways - check that.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I Still don't know what happened to the contacts, she had to input back most of her known contacts manually as she got them back from family/friends. Last time i checked she was in the hundreds. I have since install Blackberry Link software and Backup up her phone, contacts and media to her PC. Hopefully this never happens again!