Thread: Dailymotion Embedding

wii.live07 Guest

Default Dailymotion Embedding

How do I embed dailymotion.com videos in my wordpress blog posts? I tried copying the embed code and inserting and that didn't work. I also inserted the url and that also did not work. What should I do?

wii.live07 Guest

Hello there. I tried the latter method of embedding my Dailymotion videos on my WordPress blog and it worked but there is no way to resize the video window on the blog post. How do I reduce or enlarge the size of the video on the blog page. Nothing in the tutorial tells me how to do so. I noticed that as of late YouTube and Vimeo and even some of the other video sharing websites no longer allow you to copy and paste the URL for the video on your blog post and it won't show up that way anymore. You have to copy the embedded code which I tried and failed to do in Dailymotion. I guess procedures due to these sites or WordPress in particular has changed all this and we have to find newer methods. But right now I would love for my Dailymotion embeded videos can't be resized in the back end as there is no frame to drag the edges or anything like that. It's just code. Is there a plugin for this whether universal with YouTube or Dailymotion in particular? I noticed Justjared's website adjusts the size of their embedded videos on their page. Not gonna put up a link to that blog as his videos are mostly YouTube and if the video that he embedded the files from Dailymotion on the post with is now on YouTube he removes Dailymotions embed and replaces it with a YouTube embed. Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by wii.live07 View Post
    ...Can anyone help me?
    Try this plugin. I haven't tested it yet but it sounds just like what you need.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/responsive-video-embeds/

wii.live07 Guest

I tried the plugin but it doesn't do what I need it to do. It supposedly resizes the video frame/window when someone accesses your wordpress blog onto the predesignated window area so you won't have too large a video or too small a video.

I actually went into add plugins in my wp dashboard and typed the name of the plugin and a number of search pages came up. Naturally I tried the one you [datdread] suggested but it didn't resize the video to fit the theme's frame. So then I spent almost two and a half hours trying out the other plugin. One worked, period while the others didn't, period! I couldn't even embed the video and thus the video didn't even show up.

But there was one that worked but it pushed my video to the extreme left of the page and when I tried to tweak settings so it would show in the centre it didn't work. All I want is my videos from Dailymotion to occupy the full width of the theme's window frame so it's not too small or not too big, essentially taking up too much space on the theme especially when i change themes. When i embed YouTube videos at least I came see some sort of video box to work with and i can resize it as soon as i embed the video from that "add new post" window.

The plugin you sent me to use is supposed to automatically resize no matter what theme but now it's just there doing nothing. Any other plugin suggestions? Because all the plugins I've tried won't even embed the video any at all. Please suggest something that doesn't require coding. I have been teaching myself to code but I am nowhere near ready to code on this issue.

Please suggest something that doesn't require coding. I have been teaching myself to code but I am nowhere near ready to code on this issue.
    You could try a different field of interest.

wii.live07 Guest

No way, I love blogging. It's just that I have deep visions. Have you actually tested the plugin on any blog you may have created or managed?

Have you actually tested the plugin on any blog you may have created or managed?
    Regarding the plugin I recommended to you. Nope!!!!

The media I have rights to are limited. Youtube works juuuuuuuuuuuust fine.

One of the problems you are running into is the reposting of copyrighted material from a variety of sources with their own restrictions.
    Finding free plugins to tie it all together will be challenging.

Try to produce some incentive$$.
    Maybe a TJ guru can lessen that challenge and who knows...maybe start a profitable partnership.

wii.live07 Guest

Okay, funny enough the demo I saw of how to make this plugin worked looked credible but it doesn't seem to work on my blog. I am going to try reinstalling and reactivating it again and try to give it a second go. In the meanwhile, can someone else recommend a solution. I really need this feedback and some of the videos on Dailymotion isn't available on YouTube, especially the ones that I capture myself and upload and I checked with Dailymotion and the content holders and what I put up is just fine and legit. It's cool. I noticed that thee way these videos are embedded have changed. first time you could just insert the URL into the URL add section of insert media and the video would be there. now for YouTube you have to copy the embed code not the URL itself. in Dailymotion it's also slightly different. I don't know if this is because WordPress made changes to this system or it's YouTube, Dailymotion, etc. But it sucks. Hopefully this will be rectified in the future. In fact, I am going to contact WordPress.org support now. But in the meanwhile check on the plugins for me. Thanks a million to all!!! Appreciate it!