Two things... I have a gmail.com account and it's connected to my YouTube account and Google + accounts as well. However I don't want my full name to be displayed on my YouTube channel, but instead I want my YouTube channel to just display a nickname or my gmail address so my name doesn't go out there for the whole world or anyone who uses YouTube or Google related accounts or access Google related services to see my name. I have been through various settings and I just can't seem to find out where to go to just display my nickname.

I went into my gmail settings and I changed the name to my first initial for my first name and my full last name but I haven't seen changes across my other Google services. How do I make my name change universal if it is even possible at all? I don't want my name out there. Unless I am the only one who can see it as I am signed in.

Secondly I want to import my hotmail contacts into gmail but it keeps saying I must enter my pop3 credentials. Hotmail is http and not pop3 as far as I've known over the past decade and a half of using hotmail accounts, so I don't know what to enter there. Can someone assist me with these two major problems?