Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBM Sinks Kartel

Default BBM Sinks Kartel

What I want to know is how these BBM Messages were retrieved ? Did LIME actually request the BBM Data from RIM ??? Can RIM actually provide such Data ?

Isn't BBM Encrypted and is one of the Safest form of communication ??

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

All your BBM, whatsapp and text msgs are stored on a server before they are sent to the next person. sometimes for up to 7 years. BBM is encrypted in transit, could be stored encrypted as well but its not hard to retrieve by the service provider.

Perhaps its not so technical how the information was retrieved.

1. Was there a password on the Blackberry device?
    2. Were the chat conversations still open and history never cleared or End chat?

I am not saying that service providers can or cannot seek council with RIM regarding investigations but considering that many of these conversations occurred over regular text its not far fetched to think that the phones were not locked and laid out careless.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Perhaps its not so technical how the information was retrieved.

1. Was there a password on the Blackberry device?
    2. Were the chat conversations still open and history never cleared or End chat?

I am not saying that service providers can or cannot seek council with RIM regarding investigations but considering that many of these conversations occurred over regular text its not far fetched to think that the phones were not locked and laid out careless.
    This is exactly the case, hence why the defense is now trying to argue the integrity of the messages and if they were tampered with. If it were straight from RIM, i'm sure that argument wouldn't be admitted into court.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    This is exactly the case, hence why the defense is now trying to argue the integrity of the messages and if they were tampered with. If it were straight from RIM, i'm sure that argument wouldn't be admitted into court.
    Possible, but thats not what the defence was objecting to, they were objecting to the fact they never got a chance to review the evidence before it being tendered as such. In a trial both prosecution and defence must be privy to the same information, you are not allowed surprises in court.

Didnt the report say they were provided by LIME? I dont believe the "Wrorl Boss" would have been that stupid to leave messages of that nature on his phone - but then again he did leave the video so.......
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

The report said that LIME confirmed that the Blackberry was attributed to Kartel meaning he was a Blackberry subscriber on their network but I don't think it said the messages literally came from them. That would be interesting considering that whole countries have been trying for years to get access to BBM messages and faced with obstacles by RIM. LIME large

Some of the Messages were BBM,.. I don't think they were chats left open as if that was the case we would see who the messages were sent to..

If these are infact BBM messages then LIME would have to send a Request to RIM to pull the messages and I see that as being a Big Challenge. But on the Other Hand LIME would have to be storing the messages which I don't think they can do ???
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Isn't it possible upon his arrest they seized the phone from him and it wasn't locked?
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaptor View Post
    Isn't it possible upon his arrest they seized the phone from him and it wasn't locked?
    locked or not you can always exract the data if you have the necessary skills and or equipment

jomo Guest

Kartel sink HIMSELF not bbm......

And for those not in the streets and don't know, a long time kartel a kill people.... No suprise here, well I am suprised he was so careless, and the nigga dem roun him sound like some country juvenile dem, sound like dem never kill a man yet.....

Mi can use dah pick axe yah kill him? LOL

Likkle pickney ting diss

Lame!