Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: Cheaper Laptops Full of Features

Default Review: Cheaper Laptops Full of Features

I am dying for the day when I can get a laptop for not more than $500 with all the bells and whistles you want and I think that day is gonna happen soon

Cheaper Laptops

Um, none of those laptops were cheap! A price drop from $1600 to $500 is a long way off. But you can get a Mac Mini for $500, and its small like a laptop Lol. Dont know bout the monitor part though.

Walmart, however, does already have $500 laptops that are ugly but come with Linux.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by nder
    Um, none of those laptops were cheap! A price drop from $1600 to $500 is a long way off. But you can get a Mac Mini for $500, and its small like a laptop Lol. Dont know bout the monitor part though.

Walmart, however, does already have $500 laptops that are ugly but come with Linux.
    LOL...soon is relative, I wasn't expecting it to happen next week or even the end of the year. I am aware of the Walmart Laptops but I want better equipment than those

Also for reviews and pricing go to www.notebookreview.com
    Can also search for a laptop based on specification, brand etc...
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

thnx for the link techno.....

Glad I could help. You're welcome.

Up to the other day I was shocked to go to the Dell website and see laptops selling for $599. I'm certainly happy to see that. I guess this price drop is due in part to the recent fall in the price of LCD displays.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by Moni-Q
    I guess this price drop is due in part to the recent fall in the price of LCD displays.
    This is true and well as the cost of processors as well. Even certain Television sets as prices have fallen. Expected even more later this year.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

digimon Guest

hmm, good laptops are around the $800 mark
    check HP laptop site

Keep it in mind that some of those cheaper laptops from Dell may not be hip. Meaning, some of their cheap laptops are fitted with Celeron rather than say Centrino processors. That may account for the price.