Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Pezz Galaxy Gear Thread

One of my friends asked me about buying a smart watch last night, and I was shocked that he was willing to spend the $299 usd price tag for it. He can afford it as he is one of the few Jamaicans I know making $6mil per year...but still I had to really question him to find out what exactly he was planning to use it for.

In my opinion Smart watches are great in the context of
    1. Not having to grab your phone to look at All important notifications (missed calls, texts, tweets etc) especially when you in those long global meetings at the office.
    2. Having a Pedometer on your wrist to track your steps for the day.
    3. Heart rate monitor

But not for.
    1. taking pictures (That's why you have that 16mp Camera on your phone)
    2. making phone calls (That's why you have a phone and if your in the town and don't want to get robbed of that overpriced S6 then get a headphone)
    3. writing blogs (That's why you have a large phone, tablet and desktop)

The point is in my opinion...you don't need a watch with Dual core processor that cost over $200 usd for those features I have listed above.. The price is too high for the real world features you get. (not everything that's made makes sense, try to remember face unlock for android...and how many times you used that great concept)

If Samsung released the Galaxy S6 phone with a 2 inch screen we would say its too small to do anything, yet they release that screen size on the watch and many are saying that is good enough for them and they don't even use their phone that much anymore.

Why have a phone then? Some of these companies want people to buy $600 usd phone and $200 usd watch just so you can pair them together and only use the watch.. Genius, I did marketing and its funny how large companies can have regular non rich people convince themselves that over spending makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, the concept of smart watches makes sense but the price to usability makes buying one that cost more than $100 usd silly in my opinion, but then again people buy $2,000,000 Bugatti cars so to each his own. I can easily but choose not to spend more than 30-50 on one when ever I do decide to get one, but it has to be able to do the 3 simple tasks I highlighted above.. you know what let me go check amazon right now and then watch some reviews.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    One of my friends asked me about buying a smart watch last night, and I was shocked that he was willing to spend the $299 usd price tag for it. He can afford it as he is one of the few Jamaicans I know making $6mil per year...but still I had to really question him to find out what exactly he was planning to use it for.

In my opinion Smart watches are great in the context of
    1. Not having to grab your phone to look at All important notifications (missed calls, texts, tweets etc) especially when you in those long global meetings at the office.
    2. Having a Pedometer on your wrist to track your steps for the day.
    3. Heart rate monitor

But not for.
    1. taking pictures (That's why you have that 16mp Camera on your phone)
    2. making phone calls (That's why you have a phone and if your in the town and don't want to get robbed of that overpriced S6 then get a headphone)
    3. writing blogs (That's why you have a large phone, tablet and desktop)

The point is in my opinion...you don't need a watch with Dual core processor that cost over $200 usd for those features I have listed above.. The price is too high for the real world features you get. (not everything that's made makes sense, try to remember face unlock for android...and how many times you used that great concept)

If Samsung released the Galaxy S6 phone with a 2 inch screen we would say its too small to do anything, yet they release that screen size on the watch and many are saying that is good enough for them and they don't even use their phone that much anymore.

Why have a phone then? Some of these companies want people to buy $600 usd phone and $200 usd watch just so you can pair them together and only use the watch.. Genius, I did marketing and its funny how large companies can have regular non rich people convince themselves that over spending makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, the concept of smart watches makes sense but the price to usability makes buying one that cost more than $100 usd silly in my opinion, but then again people buy $2,000,000 Bugatti cars so to each his own. I can easily but choose not to spend more than 30-50 on one when ever I do decide to get one, but it has to be able to do the 3 simple tasks I highlighted above.. you know what let me go check amazon right now and then watch some reviews.
    YOu cant tell me what I need bruh...
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Loooool! Dwl!................

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I know, remember your RICH so its ok for you buy all the brand new expensive products that are beta releases. I don't have an issue with you and what you choose to buy, TBH I like it cause you provide good Jamaican reviews on those products most people on techja dont have. I am talking in general all the persons who know they are not rich, but still overspend on overpriced tech so they can feel cool.

The joy of opinions are, unless they are yours you get the option to totally ignore them and don't "feel no type of way"

There is a market for $700us products
    and there is a market for $300us products
    and also one for $100us products

i like when all price brackets of products are mentioned to keep the site balanced.

Since modern tech has a life span of six months don't spend that $60k if you know your rent due, get the 15-20k version instead.

If your rich however just ignore me and grab that top of the line, remember you cant carry the money to the grave
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

jomo Guest

I'm far from rich but still splurge on 5 inch phones 2 inch smart watches 65 inch tvs stainkess jewelry and sketchers that cost 13k

U cannot put a price on shopping ,lol

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    I know, remember your RICH so its ok for you buy all the brand new expensive products that are beta releases. I don't have an issue with you and what you choose to buy, TBH I like it cause you provide good Jamaican reviews on those products most people on techja dont have. I am talking in general all the persons who know they are not rich, but still overspend on overpriced tech so they can feel cool.

The joy of opinions are, unless they are yours you get the option to totally ignore them and don't "feel no type of way"

There is a market for $700us products
    and there is a market for $300us products
    and also one for $100us products

i like when all price brackets of products are mentioned to keep the site balanced.

Since modern tech has a life span of six months don't spend that $60k if you know your rent due, get the 15-20k version instead.

If your rich however just ignore me and grab that top of the line, remember you cant carry the money to the grave
    Bruh... I am not rich.

I got my watch for half price and bought it out of curiosity. After owning it I like it and would probably would have bought it for full price.

I have my watch for close to 2 years now and I still like it like the first day.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality