Thread: Intel's First 8-Core Desktop CPU & DDR4 Memory!

Post Intel's First 8-Core Desktop CPU & DDR4 Memory!

This is what I love about intel. They keep making their stuff smaller and more powerful and more energy efficient.

And that's not all! Their catering to people with older motherboards and making some Pentium processors more powerful than the generations those boards were supposedly limited to lol:

Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Hope these new 8 cores are high frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by M20 View Post
    they definitely will be high cost. its likely going to go the way of their current 6 core stuff and probably higher

an article would be better. Those pentiums seem for later motherboards.

They keep making their stuff smaller and more powerful and more energy efficient.
    thats what all these companies try to do.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

thats what all these companies try to do.
    Exactly, they 'try' to do what Intel has already done. I don't mind the competition either, it's good for us the consumers .

Quote Originally Posted by M20 View Post
    High frequency does not necessarily mean high efficiency and that's where AMD is falling short now. Sure you can increase the frequency on the processors, but what's the point pushing all that power even when you don't need that much for simple tasks?

Makes more sense to give overclocking options and make the chip able to handle those clocks.
    Last edited by Powpow; May 6, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Right now with my PC I am frequency limited in a few of the simulation software I use. I got tonnes of RAM and Tonnes of Processing power left untapped when I do a simulation. Most of the times the simulations take forever and I never ever get past 12 percent on the Processor.... I was bitterly disappointed after I added so much RAM thinking that the RAM was slowing me down.

After a while I decided to check the software support website and it basically said that a lot of the solvers used in these engineering programs are very sequentially designed.. they need high frequency processors to get faster results.... I mean sure I can do a tonne of other stuff while doing a simulation right now without my PC even busting a sweat.. but I really would prefer my PC bogging down knowing my processors is used to the max and as a result waiting minutes instead of hours for simulaitons to complete.

I have no idea if having multiple processors fixes the problem though? I never used a server type setup before...