Thread: Software from the west

Default Software from the west

Edward Rattigan bucks Kingston-centred programming trend

In 2010, Edward Rattigan named his computer programming business Phoenix Software Services, formalising an involvement which began 17 years before, after he enrolled at the Northern Caribbean University in a totally different field.

Rattigan puts the company's formation in the context of his personal development, saying that for him "Phoenix was a rebirth". This was after going through various jobs, including teaching and the leisure industry, settling down to read books such as 48 Laws of Power, The Richest Man in Babylon and The Alchemist.
    Read more: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...business5.html
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I feel what he is saying when he talks about the difficulties of not being in Kingston. Being in the 'country' is difficult when you are into computer/internet related work. I am here suffering with Digicel's 'faux-G' internet, the service sucks but you don't have options. I remember once i tried to edit a CSS file via FTPing to the site from my editor, upon pushing my save it failed because the upload speed is so low, that the connection ended abruptly. So the file saved on the server was only 10K out of 121K, with more than 4/5th of the rules missing.

The things you have to put up with because you are not in Kingston... It ruff dung yah!
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.