Thread: Raspberry Pi-rate Radio - Create you own radio station

Default Raspberry Pi-rate Radio - Create you own radio station

All you need is a $35 RPi and a length of wire for the antennae. Add you music to a memory card, select your frequency then tune in

It uses the hardware on the Raspberry Pi that is actually meant to generate spread-spectrum clock signals on the GPIO pins to output FM radio energy. This means that all you need to do to turn the Raspberry Pi into a (ridiculously powerful) FM transmitter is to plug in a wire as the antenna (as little as 20cm will do) into GPIO pin 4 and run the code.
    Source 1 Source 2

This should make for an interesting weekend project
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    All you need is a $35 RPi and a length of wire for the antennae. Add you music to a memory card, select your frequency then tune in

Source 1 Source 2

This should make for an interesting weekend project
    Following. Please let us know how this goes.

Raspberry Pi as an FM transmitter, Impressive! I wonder what the range on this is? With powerful antenna and a hack to equip a live mic to this, I can see people causing a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Raspberry Pi as an FM transmitter, Impressive! I wonder what the range on this is? With powerful antenna and a hack to equip a live mic to this, I can see people causing a lot of trouble.
    "...This simple hack turns your Raspberry Pi into a powerful FM transmitter! It has enough range to cover your home, DIY drive-in movie, a high school ball game, or even a bike parade..."

There you go. Found that for you. http://makezine.com/projects/make-38...-pirate-radio/

Just enough to piss off the authorities.