Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux Elementary OS

I've had Elementary since last year. It was my first real experience with Linux, I had Ubuntu a few years back but never really used it. I haven't learned enough yet to make it my primary OS though so I have it side-loaded with Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    That's exactly what i do to test the many distro's out there; then I install the ones that appeal to me.
    I'm currently running a dual boot config. I'm gonna remove and and do just this. Probably get a cheap 16GB usb stick for that.
    Owned:
    >> Samsung Galaxy Note 3; LG Optimus G; Nexus 4; Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    << Microsoft Surface RT; Dell Venue 8; Asus Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by Wallizzle View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've always been intrigued by Linux OS, but just never found the time to delve too deeply. Then a few christmases ago, I accidentally erased my life story off my computer loading Linux (that b**** erased my hard disk). So... I quit that adventure.

Just actually heard about the Elementary OS, and it seems awesome. Gonna load it unto a Atom based Netbook and test it. Anyone else using the OS, can you share some tips, tricks and reviews.

OK I normally lurk since people nowadays have it easy with installing Linux.

HOWEVER... That little partition tool, that pops up during most linux installs, is exceedingly powerful.

I beg you in the future read the info first ... that way your reports wont unreasonably discourage others.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Oh I was like....
    Calm Like a BOMB

for myself and others i normally recommend installing on a virtual machine before trying to install on the physical machine

Definitely.

I still remember the days of dual booting my computers.

Now I have Ubuntu as the host machine on my laptop. I have a virtual machine running Windows 2003 that I use for testing and demo purposes. Much easier to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Definitely.

I still remember the days of dual booting my computers.

Now I have Ubuntu as the host machine on my laptop. I have a virtual machine running Windows 2003 that I use for testing and demo purposes. Much easier to manage.
    i actually have a similar setup, my host machine running linux mint and a virtual machine running windows 7 which i use just for visual studio