Thread: Laptop running slow

Default Laptop running slow

this laptop was fairly new when it started to run extremely slow. its a satellite C655d-S5200.

system check says it come fitted with AMD C-50 CPU @1.00GHz and 3gig of installed RAM.

the system boots relatively ok. nothing to be concerned about but running applications can be a drag. takes a while to open n system hangs frequently. even typing this post it just hangs.

someone had installed m$ win 7 ultimate, but i reverted to win 7 home premium activating using genuine win key. (took a good while to install).
    still running slow.

NB: when i got this laptop it showed signs of being dropped. also when i use a live CD to boot the HDD does not come up. also, whenever i connect the HDD using external cable, it doesnt come up either. strange as it runs in the laptop.

i'm wondering if the system needs some driver of the sort? or bad HDD? whats your take???
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

jomo Guest

Sounds like the hard drive going out maybe corrupted, maybe it was a refurbished unit, or a drop damaged it

There are tests you can do to the hard drive to see if its going bad, a few you can download or pay for, I. Just take mine to my bredren who fixes laptops and he tests it right in front of me

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    i'm wondering if the system needs some driver of the sort? or bad HDD? whats your take???
    Nods. Sounds like a HD prob. If you can get to a command line try running "chkdsk" . There is a slim possibility that the hd may be recoverable. Your local nerd should be able to troubleshoot it stat. Where are u located?
    Last edited by datdread; Mar 4, 2014 at 09:39 AM. Reason: more