Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Number Portability Coming March 2014

Paulwell seh May 31 Number Portability should be available.....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    June 1 2015 looks certain after watching news last nite

my question was answered too.. u cant switch back until 90 days elapse.. and i think after switching u will need a new device from the other network
    It would appear that way I must agree. The fact is though I'm quite pleased with my postpaid service from Digicel so at this point it's no longer appealing to me. Plus lime's data network ain't stable outside of Kingston.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

You will need a new sim, if you phone unlocked or the hassle of getting it unlocked. They should stop locking phones.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Provider: Digicel

Date has been set back to June 22, 2015. LIME says they need more time to sort out their system

If memory serves, Jamaica was doing feasibility studies for number portability as far back as 2010 but we were supposed to see some form of implementation in December 2012. By some accounts that was an unrealistically optimistic date but here we are in 2015. This will be the third date mentioned for final implementation this year; the previous two being May 15 and May 31.

In the mobile space, the threat of number portability has lead to some competitive single-rate, cross-network pricing plans so in a sense I guess we have better competition but it still feels like both Digicel and Lime are in a race to the bottom when it comes to quality of service. I have phones on both networks and in my area, they are equally mediocre when it comes to call drops/completion and sound quality. There is no reason to believe this will change after June 22.

Yet another delay, no surprise there I will believe it when they actually implement it, but I agree they are significantly ahead with the granted a Number Portability Administrator license to Porting Access B.V.

I'm wondering if the need to prove ownership of the number/Sim/Phone whatever would be a major stumbling block to people been able to port their number?
    Here is a draft document (FAQ) which address some of the questions you might have re porting your number, in pdf.
    http://www.mstem.gov.jm/sites/defaul...lity%20FAQ.pdf

Hahaha yet another delay... I wonder how many more delays are queued up before this becomes a reality. Not that it really matters to me anymore.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Well, Number portability is alive... it's going active tomorrow at 12:00am...
    First port can be done at 9am...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Well, Number portability is alive... it's going active tomorrow at 12:00am...
    First port can be done at 9am...
    So sorry to ask this question.
    Where do I go to to change my network, i just go to the nearest network office that i'll like to make the change with?
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

I would think that would be the logical action to take.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)