Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whatsapp alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    but mere paranoia
    and thats exactly it.. why people fear facebook? smh. why dem feel dem is somebody important?
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    and thats exactly it.. why people fear facebook? smh. why dem feel dem is somebody important?
    faacebook different, as these idiots apparently need to fear THEMSELF! LOL, posting up each and everything about themself, for the world to see (then when they adjust the privacy and facebook 'UPDATES' they are back to square one and dont even know it)

lol, thats alot different than whatsapp privacy but THANKFULLY with the latest android whatsapp you can turn off the pic the stat and last seen for groups ie i can not let anyone who i dont have in contacts see JACK ABOUT ME! which is good (but can be bad seeing people from 2001 see my pic and know im still young looking and link up. lmao)

RubberBand Man Guest

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    Try Telegram similar to whats app with convo encryption
    Yeah but you still need a telephone number to interact...

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    exactly, and nuff people with them cheap android phones cant add many more apps, lol

nutn nuh wrong wid whatsapp, its the best and easiest by far, just minor security problems ive faced, but mere paranoia
    40 and 56 bit encryption which they continue to use as well as ignoring industry best practices.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

Quote Originally Posted by RubberBand Man View Post
    Yeah but you still need a telephone number to interact...
    yea unfortunately - but still does a better encryption job than whatsapp

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    yea unfortunately - but still does a better encryption job than whatsapp
    Can you please justify these claims, with recent data?

And all this talk about encryption... are your text messages and phone calls encrypted? lmao... are you dating a hacker or a stalker or mad combination of the two? stop it... your killing me! Most of us wont even care about the purpose of encryption. what kinda data are you securing on your phone and in your message. Nuclear launch codes and a secure credit card databse?

BTW: All your apps are uploading your life as we speak. The play store gives your personal information to the developers of each app you download... SMH. Don't worry about TSL encryption on your IM alone if that's the case.
    Owned:
    >> Samsung Galaxy Note 3; LG Optimus G; Nexus 4; Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    << Microsoft Surface RT; Dell Venue 8; Asus Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by Wallizzle View Post

And all this talk about encryption... are your text messages and phone calls encrypted? lmao... are you dating a hacker or a stalker or mad combination of the two? stop it... your killing me! Most of us wont even care about the purpose of encryption. what kinda data are you securing on your phone and in your message. Nuclear launch codes and a secure credit card databse?

BTW: All your apps are uploading your life as we speak. The play store gives your personal information to the developers of each app you download... SMH. Don't worry about TSL encryption on your IM alone if that's the case.
    Where's the Like Button.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

I guess you completely missed my point - however, if you used Google you would have found a number of articles on the issue of Whatsapp, its encryption, flaws and exploits.

I didn't say anything about me worrying about encryption - anything sensitive i need to transmit is done through more secure means not whatsapp. Then again is there anything wrong with a person wanting a better security?

Actually nuclear launch codes yes - the US had its launch codes set to 0000000 for over 20 years or so I am pretty sure i sent those to ppl a number of times.

And just to ensure you get the point I was making - I was simply stating based on what both clients seem to offer as well as reviews of the applications Telegram does a better job of encrypting a persons data.

As for most of the rest of your rambling not sure how that came about... but anyways - I know Google does send your personal information (mainly Address, Name and Billing details) which I don't mind cuz my gmail stuff is from a previous address + a virtual credit card #.
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Feb 27, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Live profile is good

I always wonder y the average joe should worry about encryption.
    Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz, 4GB ram

Blu Life One 4G LTE (stock for now)