Thread: I'm Confused: Windows 8 ** Mac OS 10 ** IOS 7 ** WIndows RT - part 2

Default I'm Confused: Windows 8 ** Mac OS 10 ** IOS 7 ** WIndows RT - part 2

I'm Confused: Windows 8 ** Mac OS 10 ** IOS 7 ** WIndows RT

The aforementioned thread was closed by a seemingly bitter owner of a Microsoft product upon realizing that his Windows RT OS may actually be inferior to that of the Android or IOS mobile platform (and this is not a taunt, I promise)

Final verdict from thread owner:
    Quote Originally Posted by wishlist
    1. I don't want you to keep your RT device...you are way too smart to have an RT device... the Facebook, twitter and the other apps on your Note 3 are way better even though made by same developer...i'm sure the apps on your note 3 unlike other devices also tells you the future...

2. I don't need to justify my choice to you...this is a forum, I have previous posts and videos on this topic...read/watch

3. your opinion is just that opinion please remember that.... I paid $400 for a tab 2...that had horrible screen, week dual core proc...horrible camera...and cheap plastic build...sold it got a better screen, faster processor aluminium body tablet with a OS that had all the apps I used on the Tab 2 for nearly half the price...

with that said enough persons have made valuable contributions to this thread..explaining Microsoft's lame marketing and implementation but it has been established that RT does have a spot in the mobile computing world and we will end this thread on that note...thanks for the contribution all.
    I'd like to apologize for hurting your feelings first and foremost if I did [and on behalf of all the Andi and Apple fan boys]... But I would have liked to address your points before you closed the thread.

Point 1: It wasn't about being smart or stupid I, we were merely critiquing the fact that the Windows apps are websites embedded into frames and I don't believe the developers put in the effort to make it function as we have come to love on other platforms. Also the developers may be the same for FB But not most other apps. There is for example no official YouTube app amongst many others. And even though the argument was regarding tabs you mentioned my 'Note 3' - totally off point IMO; clutching?
    P.S. who knows with how innovative Google is and the investments they're putting in, maybe soon enough they will be able to tell the future on both my Note 3 and your HTC One X

Point 2: I'm not trying to justify your choice. We are merely discussing the pros and cons of the various platforms and why we all made our individual choices. It's all opinion based: I won't read/watch your previous posts and videos though because they are your 'opinions', and trust me I do plenty research and watch reviews for every device before I buy and despite the many warnings I saw, I still managed to purchase an RT device with an open mind, and it turned out I didn't like it.

Point 3: I respect your opinions believe me I do. And I respect the effort MS put into the Surface Tabs they are beautiful and solidly built, the craftsmanship is something to speak of, Like what was said of Gen 2 ASUS tabs (transformers, primes, TFs), and believe me if I could port an Android unto my surface I'd love it [no joke]. But we are discussing the OS here, so I am not sure how prices and build quality came about in the first place. Additionally, I don't believe its fair to compare prices if one was bought at full price and the other was bough pre-owned/recertified/refurbished etc... it's not a fair comparison. Also it isn't fair to compare an old model of tech to the newer model of itself or any similar device. Moore's law would dictate that you would be getting more bang for equal or lesser bucks. So again not an apples to apples. That being said I'm pretty sure that $400 dollars could now get you the illest android tab with comparable specs to your Windows device and a pretty solid build quality. P.S. The windows prices are falling because Gen 2 windows tabs are out - which are now mostly pro if I might add... I wonder why? and ppl are getting rid of the old models and even the MS store is trying to dump its inventory of the first gen surface RT for half price due to its lack lustre performance.

Those are my sincerest, objective opinions on the matter, and not the views of a fan boy - I was never and is never a fan boy of any tech. Function over form - my motto!

P.S. I hate the Note 3 but that's another story

Sir, you now have my approval to close the thread!
    Last edited by Wallizzle; Feb 21, 2014 at 11:25 PM.
    Owned:
    >> Samsung Galaxy Note 3; LG Optimus G; Nexus 4; Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    << Microsoft Surface RT; Dell Venue 8; Asus Transformer

Ive used android devices before, and i own a RT device. I like android but my RT as i said in the part 1 of this, is almost a replacement to my pc. Unless i need specific desktop apps, im very satisfied with what i can do with rt apps and the desktop that i know and love(explorer).
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

And I respect your opinions. But I personally would prefer to have Windows 8 (at least) on my tablet vs Windows RT. These are exactly my views on Windows RT as an OS: Link to article

That being said, it is really a matter of personal preference, and due to a certain expectation from a 'Windows' platform that it unfortunately didn't live up to... for me anyways. As I was and still is unable to dissociate certain critical functionalities that I deem as necessary on a Windows platform.

Had they called it anything like 'Microsoft Mobile Plus' or used words like 'Lite' but 'Windows'!, We (the disgruntled techies) would have given them much due diligence and would be alot less critical... and essentially disgruntled. They shot themselves in the leg by setting the wrong expectation with the name 'Windows' IMO?
    Owned:
    >> Samsung Galaxy Note 3; LG Optimus G; Nexus 4; Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    << Microsoft Surface RT; Dell Venue 8; Asus Transformer

hmm thought this thread was closed..moving right along..
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site