Thread: Generic plain image showing up instead of actual pic on icon

wii.live07 Guest

Default Generic plain image showing up instead of actual pic on icon

I am running Windows 7 and so far it has been great since 2010. I just bought a laptop but I use my desktop a lot as well. I can't seem to see the images of the image files on the icon in Windows anymore. it just shows a default generic windows image and this goes for all images, whether jpeg, gif, png, etc. The image won't show up when you have them on your desktop or in a folder. When I say the images don't show up I mean i can see what the image actually is on the icon to preview it before I double click it to open it in Windows Live Photo Gallery. I can see the actual icon but it doesn't show me the picture on it. What setting do I need to change in Windows to see the preview of the image as the icon of each image itself. Please assist. This has never happened to me before on this Windows 7 machine. I recently formatted and reinstalled and it worked fine until a few weeks ago. I decided to live with it but I need to see the images before I use them, especially the unnamed ones that I want on my blogs. How do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by wii.live07 View Post
    How do I do this?
    Hi. Give this a try:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-c3f5e8c42939

Google ( at this point in history ) is your friend.

wii.live07 Guest

Thanks man. I followed the instructions on the page and it worked. You are a genius.