Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paper thin antennas performance in Ja?

Great suggestions but I think him tired ah him girl den ah see the wire clothes hanger hang affa de TV
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    @datdread]I believe we can subsidize broadband internet service and offer it for free to everyone. Not going to happen
    I don't believe he meant free internet, but like what I was saying is free TV broadcasting streams over the internet. At present TV-J offers the News on the internet for a subscription cost, I believe this can be free. I don't understand what the intricacies of supporting a consistent online video feed infrastructure-wise, but the possibility must exist that it may be cheaper to invest in widening the bandwidth for web streaming vs pumping money into Digital OTA programming.

Plus there is an all round greater benefit to all for improving the broadband network infrastructure to provide more services; they can offer more value with TV and home phone services to increase their revenues [Flow's, Verizon and now ATT's model]. So it's not like we asking for a handout, we're asking them to do better business.

That being said, all this may be a ploy by politicians to import a barrage of cheap Chinese antennas on which to capitalize... After all "No good disaster should go to waste!". yet another light bulb scandal?
    Last edited by Wallizzle; Feb 27, 2014 at 01:52 AM.
    Owned:
    >> Samsung Galaxy Note 3; LG Optimus G; Nexus 4; Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    << Microsoft Surface RT; Dell Venue 8; Asus Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by kknight View Post
    I agree that they might be late implimenting this. With regards to your antennae, I think you can find schematics and instructions for building your own instead of purchasing online.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...tal-tv-antenna
    http://lifehacker.com/5138746/build-...wn-dtv-antenna
    http://www.diytvantennas.com/
    http://lifehacker.com/5919128/build-...ful-hd-antenna
    Thanks for the suggestion but that antenna going to be an eyesore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but that antenna going to be an eyesore lol.
    Maybe. Possible opportunity to manufacture our own HD antenna for the impending analog to digital rollover. Slap some red green and gold on that bad boy and send it to the showroom.

Shame though. Your first reaction to this DIY project was more along the lines of disgust as opposed to awe. The imagination couldn't reach beyond the superficial.
    Last edited by datdread; Feb 27, 2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: whut whut

lol cool nuh man. I was looking for something more stylish, as Jahman said the cloth hanger thing nuh look good. You however made a good suggestion re the opportunity available to manufacture our own antennas, I will keep that in mind when the digital roll over takes place.

I went and purchased Amazon basics antenna, performance was very poor grrr! Just wasted like $4,000 on this.
    Should have done this before, can anyone direct me to a map showing the locations of the transmission towers for TVJ and CVM in St. Catherine? Need to get a fix on how far away I am from the towers. Still not sure if this is a distance issue or these types of antenna just dont work well with analog signals.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Feb 28, 2015 at 03:56 PM.

My current antenna below. its really a huge jump in signal vs a rabit ears, i just need a tv booster, to have the sharpest analog signal yet.. but cant seem to get any to buy online/local .... smh old tech
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

I have to resurrect this thread as I I need to take back what I said about the Amazon basics antenna, it did work after all, I recently decided to try it again and be a little bit more aggressive with my placement even climbing up to the ceiling and finally found a sweet spot, the picture quality is not perfect, a little better than my rabbit ears, Im sure the powered version would get even better picture quality.

@nevintech Look into the 1byone Antenna Amplifier Signal Booster , there are a few others emerging on amazon too

Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    Stuff going on behind the scene:

Broadcasting internet via abandoned analog tv signal: http://www.popsci.com/technology/art...internet-ether
    Or
    Power Lines: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bpl.htm

I believe we can subsidize broadband internet service and offer it for free to everyone.
    I do not believe the Industry as it is structured today will allow that to happen.
    A few months ago I read an article in the papers which stated that JPS applied for a license that would allow them to broadcast the internet via their power lines.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

thas a good look.. i'll just use the power from the usb on the tv @ DarkAngel

kknight.. you have a weblink on that story?
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android