Thread: LF: Rework / Reball Station Advice

Default LF: Rework / Reball Station Advice

Hi TJ fam. Looking to get one of these stations for general use on laptop/desktop motherboards and phones/tablets/etc. For those using the products or those knowledgeable on the topic I need some suggestions on which brands or types are better. I'm going to make a guess that IR is better than hot air. Whichever is in use though a station that can pre-heat the board would be nice.

Also I'd like a suction or such that I can use to lift off the chips once they've been melted. Do any of the stations have this as a feature or do I need another machine? Also is this really a necessity or a nicety?

Waiting on your feedback. Let me know your thoughts on it. Particularly need to re-ball some PS3's, an HP and a Toshiba before anything else.

Also I've heard that the templates don't always work out - any feedback on this as well?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Guess nobody does this or knows of it?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Don't have first hand knowledge on either unit but I just had my macbook pro A1226 with the nvidia video chip issue repaired and the guy who did it was using one similar to this unit http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honton-HT-R3...item2c7c49e3ac He does Mac's and HP's with nvidia chip issues and I also saw some Playstations and Xbox's.

So far so good on my MacBook repair. Oh and this was done in Fl. Knew that was the next question lol....
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Guess nobody does this or knows of it?
    Check with Codex, I think they have a station.