Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBM Sinks Kartel

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Isn't BBM Encrypted and is one of the Safest form of communication ??
    I keep getting told this.. what am I to think now?
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

BBM messages cannot be accessed by the networks without RIM's okay. I would like to draw your attention to the recent London riots where the highly regarded Scotland Yard was at a loss as to where next would be looted. They were only able to make head way after getting RIM's assistance!

There are only two possible ways therefore in which the prosecution could have got the 'evidence':

(1) Kartel's phone data was neither encrypted nor had a password to lock the handset and the alleged ongoing discussions were still 'active' - meaning they were minimised but not closed. In such a scenario it would be simple a case of just re-opening the chat.

(2) The prosecution got RIM's help.

Let me haste to point out that RIM is obligated, once subpoenaed to hand over evidence which is believed to be a threat to a country's security. Also you will recall that lots of middle eastern countries were up in arms and blocked BBM as they had no control over its use nor access to its contents.

Blackberry remains the safest, most secure mobile phone. If you run Android apps on your BB then that is entirely a different kettle of fish! You will notice that most android apps ask for accessed to everything on your phone before the app ca run! I am told this is not the developers' fault but Google's as google refuse to give the option to opt out of:

(a) giving access to the phone's address book
    (b) giving access to all media files
    (c) using the internet and so on

Interesting to note as well that BBM for blackberry was never affected by the recent heart bleed debacle.

I think I said it before but voice notes are stored on the media card.