Thread: Responsive jQuery plugin – FlexSlider feat. Kwiks

wii.live07 Guest

Default Responsive jQuery plugin – FlexSlider feat. Kwiks

Last night I downloaded I downloaded the flexslider-kwiks plugin for wordpress but every time I try to upload it to the plugins section of my blog I get this message:

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
    Plugin install failed.
    Return to Plugins page

How do I overcome this and get the slider to install successfully and work with any of my themes I want? I even tried filezilla. But it doesn't work. I don't know coding so how do I get this plugin to work without coding or at least complex coding from a non-coding wordpress user since 2011? I know it works because when I googled it I saw people who have had successful responses. Can anyone help me with this plugin? The webpage is http://webcodebuilder.com/responsive...er-feat-kwiks/

Check it out people and help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by wii.live07 View Post
    Last night I downloaded I downloaded the flexslider-kwiks plugin for wordpress but every time I try to upload it to the plugins section of my blog I get this message:
    Could be a permissions thing. Check to make sure the uploaded file has the same attributes as the existing files. If not change it to match.

wii.live07 Guest

Someone just told me, this is not a wordpress slider. that is the reason I am not able to install it in wordpress and this just a jQuery slider framework that would have to be added to wordpress. Can anyone instruct me step by step as to how to do this? It shouldn't be that hard for even me to do. I just need some details. Nothing confusing but simple enough for me, an experienced user, to understand and implement.

Quote Originally Posted by wii.live07 View Post
    Someone just told me, this is not a wordpress slider. that is the reason I am not able to install it in wordpress and this just a jQuery slider framework that would have to be added to wordpress. Can anyone instruct me step by step as to how to do this? It shouldn't be that hard for even me to do. I just need some details. Nothing confusing but simple enough for me, an experienced user, to understand and implement.
    Yeah, this is a general jquery script that can be used on any website, not just wordpress. So pretty much, you will need to insert the html/javascript code into the page you want the script to go, and add the css/javascript files to the header of the same page.

The script has demo pages included with it, so you can see what code to insert into your wordpress page. You just need to do some copy and pasting.

If you're not comfortable with messing with html/javascript/php, I would advise you ask someone who does, to do it for you.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

wii.live07 Guest

Somone was trying to help me to install the slider. I found a better one which is evo slider lite. But I can't install it successfully either. I tried using wowslider but I can't get it to use evoslider lite plugin zip file. Can anyone help me out, please? I know it works but no one can assist and i tried Google and youtube. I just want evo slider to work. it can as others have tried and done it but no one out there is willing to help me out