Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titanfall

Wow that was fast. What's the big deal with showing gameplay footage though :/.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Wow that was fast. What's the big deal with showing gameplay footage though :/.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    but still underwhelming IMO.
    there's your answer. People watch and have the "that's it?" reactions and gives the game bad press before release. They want to build as much excitement as possible, with their tailored trailers, so anything at a slower pace than what they want to advertise is not want they want out in the public view as yet.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

Well yeah but the video I posted is pretty much showing the majority of what you can do in the game, so how much difference was there?

I mean since it's multiplayer only, there's lot's of room for improvement.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

so how much difference was there?
    Not that much, honestly. From the top of my head: firstly, in the beginning of your video you have the guy in the Titan giving out instructions, which, even though the game is MP only, gives you the sense that you're a part of a greater purpose. In the demo it was the standard, over-the-com "this is a war of attrition; destroy all enemies." Second, even though it's 6v6, there are bots in every match, and they are dumber than a bag of hammers (this is the part I can see them wanting to hide the most) .The match doesn't start with Titans on the field either, though they start coming down after about a minute or so. The guns are also pretty meh for a sci-fi shooter, but that's just me.

Owen pretty much nailed it. It's CoD with mechs (and air boosting). Run around, shoot 2 dudes, die. Rinse and repeat. It didn't seem quite as glorious as some of the trailers.

I'm more looking forward to destiny, since there are cool powers along with the standard shooter stuff, and it has a single player mode. I manged to get into the beta as well, so I'll get to give it a go before dropping money on it.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Graphics has improved by leaps and bounds but not so much for AI and general game play. This game should be fun in the first 2 weeks but as with all online mp games so far it's going to fizzle out once people begin understand the mechanics to the level where they can exploit the game to gain advantage.

PC beta almost out. Heard game will only be available in Origin. I hope that's not the case:

PC beta almost out. Heard game will only be available in Origin. I hope that's not the case:

Origin or Xbox one were the two platforms available when i signed up for the beta

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    Origin or Xbox one were the two platforms available when i signed up for the beta
    Well that sucks. Might have to get a proxy to get it ordered or something, or buy the actual disc.

Well that sucks. Might have to get a proxy to get it ordered or something, or buy the actual disc.
    can activate the game on origin from any source. Dont have to buy it on origin store I think. its likely amazon will have a digital version for sale. Or some other source

Looks like the PC beta is open for all now.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...Full-Open-Beta

going to give it a go. Not impressed with the graphics and not a fan of playing against bots either. It's a shame that this is the kind of game that typically is associated with xbox. Nothing particularly epic, just functionally interesting.
    Last edited by semitop; Feb 16, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo