Thread: HD Issue

Default HD Issue

I have my custom built pc for over 4 years now but unfortunately, my hard drive is going bad with bad sectors, making the system freeze and restart for the past couple months. It's a seagate barracuda drive and i've used their drive tool as well as Windows bad sector and disk check and they only worked temporary as now it's not even starting up. How long is a hard drive to last because this is rubbish. I'm going to have to get a new one - what brand do you recommend and about how much I can get it for out here. I would like another 750gb drive.

Back Up your data and Install a new one ASAP. It could go any minute. Brand I would recommend are Western Digital and Samsung (if you can find it).
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by KB_1 View Post
    I have my custom built pc for over 4 years now but unfortunately, my hard drive is going bad with bad sectors, making the system freeze and restart for the past couple months. It's a seagate barracuda drive and i've used their drive tool as well as Windows bad sector and disk check and they only worked temporary as now it's not even starting up. How long is a hard drive to last because this is rubbish. I'm going to have to get a new one - what brand do you recommend and about how much I can get it for out here. I would like another 750gb drive.
    Backup the data then destroy the drive, burn it with acid or kerosene or drive over it with a tractor then burn it again. Get a server grade Western Digital and keep backups. Hard Drives give out when they're ready. I had one for two months die one me and another that's going strong for twelve years, same brand.

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    Backup the data then destroy the drive, burn it with acid or kerosene or drive over it with a tractor then burn it again. Get a server grade Western Digital and keep backups. Hard Drives give out when they're ready. I had one for two months die one me and another that's going strong for twelve years, same brand.
    +1 forsake reviving for any long term use, just recover if u can and backup asap
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android