Thread: Where to learn web design?

wii.live07 Guest

Default Where to learn web design?

Can anyone here tell me of a website or place I can go to, whether in a college, university to get a degree in web design? I tried VecTor, but their web design programme is certificate only and UWI and Utech and UCC don't offer web design as a standard degree and aside from that I'm going back to school to get my I.T. degree next September so you know money is tight, especially in this economy. I have tried the self taught stuff but failed and so far all the people I've asked to teach me can't as a result in busy schedules, family, etc. I am willing to learn php, css, mysql, and work with wordpress themes, drupal, joomla, etc, I just need to be doing it in real time. I am however willing to concede and try one more time, a site that has VIDEO tutorials for me to follow. i tried lynda.com but it's a paid service and my finances are pretty thin now. if anyone wants to help me for free we can meet up via webcam and teamviewer or otherwise and get it done. I have tried html before but I never really pennied it. Now I have a blog service and three blogs but I want to learn to build my own themes and edit them and tweak their properties. I can't do that alone. I need a really good FREE service or person to help me. The self taught thing is difficult, especially when it's just text. I need visual assistance or someone who can be there to help me in person or via webcam. Can someone assist me? Does anyone know of a site that has GOOD videos that can help me learn. The WYSIWYG thing isn't working for me anymore. I want to learn the ins and outs. Someone out there must be able to spend a few hours here and there to teach me. Please assist.

w3schools.com the best
    3.4Ghz AMD Triple core, 8gig ddr3 memory , ASUS M4A88TD-V, Creative Audigy sound card, 3 TB Hard drive Seagate, LG dvd Burner

for videoes you can check out the new bostons channel on youtube his tutorials are usually for complete begginers
    Html5
    MySql
    PHP
    Javascript

and for faster paced tutorials usually for those who already know and wanna refresh Derek Banas does that well

if you have trouble just start a new thread or pm me