Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alcatel t'pop a good entry level phone?

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    Why not just get the dl600 from Digicel,has double the RAM and I've used my friend's,and it seems like a decent entry level smartphone.
    Because I already had a Digicel phone. Plus was hard to beat the price of $5k (no tax), with $4k worth of credit and 1 month data plan.

In addition, my main use for it was for the wifi. Had a software for church that allowed me to present songs/verses on a big screen and had the ability to be controlled by a mobile app.

Since this is my first smartphone, I didn't have any heavy demands of it (like Skype, youtube, facebook, twitter, pictures, etc). So I am happy with it.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Ok great, this looks like a buy then

my co worker will betaking his back after a 2 & 1/2 months of use.. random crashes, shut off and reboot... since the past 3 weeks just started acting up.
    before this he loved it ... it did exactly what he needed for the price. (yes his first android)
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Thanks for the feedback Blaze but it buy already. If it give trouble I will be holding AA personally responsible

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Blaze but it buy already. If it give trouble I will be holding AA personally responsible
    Dwl.
    I had similar problems like what Blaze described. But figured it was just me unlucky as my family or gf didn't have such issues.

Some instances, apps crashed that was needed for the OS to run. Had to restart.
    Other instances, other apps crashed randomly.

They seem to have been a 1 off situation for me as the phone works fine now.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

got one of these for my 10 yr old for christmas, she loves it, i had to explain the limitations re the internal memory, she has caught on quickly and just has one game app at a time installed along with whatsapp.

i think this is its level, novice smartphone user who is willing to learn, no crashes freezing or other undesirables, i give it a cautious thumbs up..

jomo Guest

Girl won a free dl600 from digi

I been using it

For the past hour then I speedily took my sim out of it

I much rather prefer my trusty 9900, but then again I prefer it to most crapdroid phones/informer phones, damn things are sent from HELL

Lol