Thread: lumia 920 or BLU Lifeplay?

Default lumia 920 or BLU Lifeplay?

I'm planning on getting myself a high end phone foe Christmas and as the title suggests are my choices atm. I am absolutely in love with Nokia and the WP8 ecosystem, however, I find it psychologically difficult to spend above a certain price point for certain things... of which one is a phone(even though I can afford it).

I am prepared to make the switch from Android to WP8; I'm actually pretty excited about the prospect but there is still that issue.

What do you think?
    Carbide
    Case: Corsair 500r | Motherboard: Asus P8 Z77-V | Processor: i7 3570k | Memory: 16GB Patriot IEM 2133mhz | SSD: Corsair Force Series 3, 60GB | ODD: LiteOn DVD Burner with Lightscribe | PSU: Corsair TX650M | GPU: EVGA GTX560 DS SSC | Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 Max- B

I have a 920 (Dev Unit) and I love it! Its fast, the camera is awesome, the screen is great, build quality is great as well - not sure about the Blu Life though

PS: WP 8.1 is due next few months

depends on your needs...i consider the 920 to be higher end device than the BLU but it just has a crappy OS :/

Quote Originally Posted by toocoded View Post
    I'm planning on getting myself a high end phone foe Christmas and as the title suggests are my choices atm. I am absolutely in love with Nokia and the WP8 ecosystem, however, I find it psychologically difficult to spend above a certain price point for certain things... of which one is a phone(even though I can afford it).

I am prepared to make the switch from Android to WP8; I'm actually pretty excited about the prospect but there is still that issue.

What do you think?
    you could get an optimus G Pro (5.5") on ebay for less than 300. The 920 is a device I would trust over a BLU phone but not really familiar with the life play. Other Blu phones I got turned away from because of ppl saying they had call issues. I would go with 920. What android OS needs is a make-over and the phones need some colour. They've started with the moto phones I guess. Windows phone doesn't have as many apps but it's a snappy OS.

There are also moto G, nexus 5 (349 for 16GB), xperia TL/T.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Thanks for your comments guys.

I do agree that the lumia 920 has the best build quality than any other phone on the market which is what makes it so attractive. Also, based on the hands on I have had with various windows phones so far - as an IT professional I must say the OS is the most solid one for any mobile phone yet IMO.

I have already looked through replacement apps for my current android apps and FYI, most of them are already available for WP - with the exception of most of the Google apps. However, there are a few safe replacements. There is no chrome unfortunately, which means I'm dead in the water without my bookmarks and custom settings.

Bredrins, I think I have made up my mind :-)

PS. Just found out that If you buy a lumia 920 from a Fimi wireless digicel dealer, you get a free 8 inch jbl Nokia NFC speaker... more reason for me to get the 920.
    Carbide
    Case: Corsair 500r | Motherboard: Asus P8 Z77-V | Processor: i7 3570k | Memory: 16GB Patriot IEM 2133mhz | SSD: Corsair Force Series 3, 60GB | ODD: LiteOn DVD Burner with Lightscribe | PSU: Corsair TX650M | GPU: EVGA GTX560 DS SSC | Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 Max- B

Hey tooco. Are you sure you mean the lumia 920 because that's double the price of the LifePlay. I had looked up the 620 which is the same price as the Blu. The Lumia seems like a good phone if Windows phone is ok for you but I prefer the design of the Blu Life and the Android ecosystem since it's becoming very popular. Wish the Blu had LTE like the Lumia though. I orginally wanted the S4 mini but at half the price, the Blu certainly ain't half the technology and so I'm more heading in that direction. It seems like you're going in the Lumia direction so all the best with your new phone.
    Last edited by KB_1; Dec 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

I mentioned the BLU because of specs and price. It is easily on par with the S4. The only drawback is that the build quality is nothing compared to the 920. I actually held it and although it is no doubt a lovely phone, it felt like it will shatter on a single drop.
    Carbide

I mentioned the BLU because of specs and price. It is easily on par with the S4. The only drawback is that the build quality is nothing compared to the 920. I actually held it and although it is no doubt a lovely phone, it felt like it will shatter on a single drop.
    If you are talking about this http://www.gsmarena.com/blu_life_play-5359.php

It is nowhere near on par with s4.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    If you are talking about this http://www.gsmarena.com/blu_life_play-5359.php

It is nowhere near on par with s4.
    Nowhere on par feature-wise.
    Carbide

Nowhere on par feature-wise.
    i think he meant the s4 mini
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6