Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did your phone replace your digital camera for capturing memories?

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    We should also compare how many photos you can take at a wedding before your smartphone battery dies. I have no idea because I haven't tried it but its a good point of discussion.
    This I agree with........
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

^ I have a D90...on average an original battery will give me about 600 shots on full charge im pretty sure a note 2 can take that amount of shots before the battery dies (note im talking continuous mode on the phone as much as possible) because we all know how those big screens kill battery.

on another note...if you are just a guest at a wedding and using your phone i cant see why you would need to shoot more than 150 Usable shots

as it relates to digital camera.... the last time i used mine was in 2006... once you own a DSLR there is no going back

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    once you own a DSLR there is no going back
    i agree my digital camera is just to take quick pics of stuff lol and for that there is my phones lol

The camera I had was lame 8mp cannon smart shot I think it was called...small and red. my one year old HTC one x camera replaced that.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    We should also compare how many photos you can take at a wedding before your smartphone battery dies.
    I can answer this question since I took 997 8MP photos at my sister's wedding at my sister's wedding, and recorded over 53 minutes worth of video @1080p. This was stored on my empty 64GB Class10 MicroSD card. My battery life moved from 97% at the beginning of the recording and went down to 19% at the end of the wedding. I love my rooted Note2
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Since I only take casual pictures I really have no need for a digital camera. My s4 is quite capable for all my photo needs. I've been using cellphones for my primary camera for about 10yrs.

You took 900+ photos in one setting and a hour of video? Ok boss man. How many of them you delete afterwards?

And smartphones have more built in effects but this could probably change with the newer point and shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by marl30 View Post
    Since I only take casual pictures I really have no need for a digital camera. My s4 is quite capable for all my photo needs. I've been using cellphones for my primary camera for about 10yrs.
    The S4 camera is awesome, I have been able to take some awesome photos that look like I took them with my DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    The S4 camera is awesome, I have been able to take some awesome photos that look like I took them with my DSLR
    I got both, and even though the s4 is great, i think you're giving it too much credit.