Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why no HTC, Nexus or Motorola?

I agree. On a normal basis they sell the phones too expensive and its about time we get on contract purchasing like in the States. It's only during the holiday season during their sale where the price of most phones are fairly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Agree with Jomo. My sister used to be no their prepaid plan and stopped using it after a while as she relaised she was being charged way more than if she would be off their plan.

Also, Digicel can more than introduce the contract thing foreign phone companies use where you buy the phone at half the price it's worth and it's yours after a set period or until you decide to terminate it.

But no they will forever rob the third world countries (especially hype and in style JA), because they can -_-.
    THAT WOULD NEVER WORK IN JAMAICA, NOT ANYTIME SOON ATLEAST, you need to realize that people only pay for service when they have some extra funds and can afford it, if unforseen expenses arise,they won't put on service, if you make it obligatory to pay for data service they won't do it. The Jamaican mentality is different, we only pay for it when we want it. You can look at LIME for example, when your current data service cycle is up,they charge you again for the next cycle without your approval leaving you with a negative account balance, i personally know plenty of people who dash weh lime sims because they had thousands of dollars in accrued expenses on their account.

That wouldnt work due to the price either,my sister in new york pays verizon US$65/per month for her wireless plan,that equates to JM$6,838, call it 7 grand now tell me...who the hell is gonna pay that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    I saw a s3 in digicel for 60 sumn thousand, that is cheap? Lo
    their price mechanism does need some adjustment for outdated phones 60k is still reasonable considering that a brand new s3 on the US markets costs around 430 rite now, if you add the import duty it EXCEEDS 60k. So digicel's price is still better than buying it and having to import it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    That's rubbish, they make BILLIONS from their network alone, they could EASILY sell their phones for lower cost especially to their loyal postpaid customers like me, I've complained to them time and time again (in all honesty they did offer me a 50% discount which I didn't bother take) or some plans that wouldn't end up costing over 100k for a phone that sells for 50k from local people who bring down phones
    Thats a ridiculous mentality jomo, for someone in construct i'd have expected you to have more keen business acumen. So because they are making profits they must sell devices at a loss? nonsense!!!! Most of digicel's profit goes to interest expense, dividend's and a large chunk is used to finance their operations, if you knew their business model you'd see why. You need to look at it from a perspective, would you sell phones at a loss??
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

jomo Guest

Seems we have a digicel fanboy or a worker of some sort or just a dumb dude.... Lol,

anyway

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    THAT WOULD NEVER WORK IN JAMAICA, NOT ANYTIME SOON ATLEAST, you need to realize that people only pay for service when they have some extra funds and can afford it, if unforseen expenses arise,they won't put on service, if you make it obligatory to pay for data service they won't do it. The Jamaican mentality is different, we only pay for it when we want it.
    Speak for YOURSELF and your mentality yute, a lot of us, especially whose phones are postpaid would have no trouble 'keeping up payments' and would love the deals offered in the US where you can basically get the latest phone as it comes out and trade in as a THANKS for being a loyal and paying customer

Yute you think digicel pays 430us for a s3?! Get real nuh man

NO ONE is saying digicel should sell phones at a loss, just not so much profit, and/or offer better deals for commited customers, the points system is crap obvioulsy, and WHEN they do have 'deals' on phones THEY RUN OUT LITERALLY IN HOURS

Anyway didn't read much more of your post, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't saying much that made sense so my stance still stands

Digicel CAN DO BETTER they just don't HAVE to....

Why change prices when Jamaicans are willing to buy it for the prices given
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    Why change prices when Jamaicans are willing to buy it for the prices given
    Because we hardly do, the majority of people with s3, s4, note 2, note 3, etc DO NOT buy them from Digicel, they are missing out on that market

Only a handful of people who know no better buy their smartphones from Digicel, I for one have NEVER

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Seems we have a digicel fanboy or a worker of some sort or just a dumb dude.... Lol,

anyway

Speak for YOURSELF and your mentality yute, a lot of us, especially whose phones are postpaid would have no trouble 'keeping up payments' and would love the deals offered in the US where you can basically get the latest phone as it comes out and trade in as a THANKS for being a loyal and paying customer

Yute you think digicel pays 430us for a s3?! Get real nuh man

NO ONE is saying digicel should sell phones at a loss, just not so much profit, and/or offer better deals for commited customers, the points system is crap obvioulsy, and WHEN they do have 'deals' on phones THEY RUN OUT LITERALLY IN HOURS

Anyway didn't read much more of your post, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't saying much that made sense so my stance still stands

Digicel CAN DO BETTER they just don't HAVE to....
    can't believed it took so long for me to realize this, maybe i have too much faith in humanity,but you sir.....are an idiot, and everyone hear says it, just try and act sensible for once, please!!!

I did not say no one could afford contract pricing, but not enough people to make it feasible, LIME did it with the iPhone and that has failed miserably. Maybe they should open a ferrari dealership in jamaica too, and let all the 50 something people here that can afford it buy it,lets see how profitable that is.Regardless, that's the market value, market prices tend to be accurate, i won't get into the intricacy of marketing pricing with you, i doubt you'll understand.
    HTC One (M7)
    HP Pavilion dv6

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    can't believed it took so long for me to realize this, maybe i have too much faith in humanity,but you sir.....are an idiot, and everyone hear says it, just try and act sensible for once, please!!!
    I'm reporting you to the mods, you love man too much yute, an entire paragraph on me and my intelligence? Seriously yute, LOL
    not even know is your love man self mi did a reply to or I wouldn't, stop watch mi and call up mi name ina every thread, its not a good look fi yu

Anyway I for one (maybe even cultus too) have INSIDE info of what I'm talking about digicel KNOWS they can tap into a certain market by offering lower prices on phones they KNOW from their side which phone ALL of us have and how much were sold BY THEM everytime someone calls to set up or even put a SIM in a phone they know exactly what it is!

One might ask why they don't? As I've said they don't have to they make their billions from their network and pricing and another thing you may not notice their retail sales are mostly outsourced so profits don't go directly to them for phones anyway

All in all they just can't bother! And we as customers will continue to NOT buy phones from them, which is sad because the smartphone business in this country is HUGE

Simple, HTC for one has been producing garbage over the past couple years.

Remember once HTC was top and samsung was 2nd.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I'm reporting you to the mods, you love man too much yute, an entire paragraph on me and my intelligence? Seriously yute, LOL
    not even know is your love man self mi did a reply to or I wouldn't, stop watch mi and call up mi name ina every thread, its not a good look fi yu

Anyway I for one (maybe even cultus too) have INSIDE info of what I'm talking about digicel KNOWS they can tap into a certain market by offering lower prices on phones they KNOW from their side which phone ALL of us have and how much were sold BY THEM everytime someone calls to set up or even put a SIM in a phone they know exactly what it is!

One might ask why they don't? As I've said they don't have to they make their billions from their network and pricing and another thing you may not notice their retail sales are mostly outsourced so profits don't go directly to them for phones anyway

All in all they just can't bother! And we as customers will continue to NOT buy phones from them, which is sad because the smartphone business in this country is HUGE
    i hope you're a christian,you should thank God for the decent work you have cuz you fool, jah knoe!!!! no **** sherlock,its called an imei, when i put in a sim a phone that does not have the correct APN digicel sends me a message telling me my exact device and how to enter their APN,you just keep getting smarter don't??
    HTC One (M7)
    HP Pavilion dv6

My yute can u stop talking about digicel paying tarrif and duty. Digicel gets all kinda a duty waivers on what they import. I see Digicel tax releif waivers pass thru my office almost everyday. This government is a slave to Digicel