Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no HTC, Nexus or Motorola?

Default Why no HTC, Nexus or Motorola?

Hey folks. Just wondering why Digicel or even Lime doesn't sell top name smartphone brands aside from the Samsung Galaxy to broaden their range. There's no HTC, Nexus or Motorola.

They only sell what's the in thing that people flock to...
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Dec 14, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

You mean yuh neva notice that Digicel is all about trends and hype... lol?

I though you woulda picked up from Blackberry days that all they do is look for the smartphone companies that leash contracts to them and sell them the phones cheap and they overprice it and sell it to the people dem who all sell blood a blood bank to buy these overpriced phones that are only half as good as other brands.
    Last edited by Powpow; Dec 14, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

jomo Guest

They have nokia lumias so your points kinda don't make sense... Their phones are pricey anyway so why not buy from local people who sell phones like wiggy hv etc

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    You mean yuh neva notice that Digicel is all about trends and hype... lol?

I though you woulda picked up from Blackberry days that all they do is look for the smartphone companies that leash contracts to them and sell them the phones cheap and they overprice it and sell it to the people dem who all sell blood a blood bank to buy these overpriced phones that are only half as good as other brands.
    digicel sells them cheap!!! 52% import duty on cellular phones
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

jomo Guest

I saw a s3 in digicel for 60 sumn thousand, that is cheap? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    digicel sells them cheap!!! 52% import duty on cellular phones
    What Digicel sell cheap the Samsung phones? Cause only Android phone they might have cheap is the idiot S Pop type phones they make...

If you can get someone to take down the phone then you won't have to pay such duties.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    What Digicel sell cheap the Samsung phones? Cause only Android phone they might have cheap is the idiot S Pop type phones they make...

If you can get someone to take down the phone then you won't have to pay such duties.
    But digicel as a business has to pay tariffs, so when you factor that cost into the equation you'll realise their prices aren't as exhorbitant as you think
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    But digicel as a business has to pay tariffs, so when you factor that cost into the equation you'll realise their prices aren't as exhorbitant as you think
    That's rubbish, they make BILLIONS from their network alone, they could EASILY sell their phones for lower cost especially to their loyal postpaid customers like me, I've complained to them time and time again (in all honesty they did offer me a 50% discount which I didn't bother take) or some plans that wouldn't end up costing over 100k for a phone that sells for 50k from local people who bring down phones

Agree with Jomo. My sister used to be no their prepaid plan and stopped using it after a while as she relaised she was being charged way more than if she would be off their plan.

Also, Digicel can more than introduce the contract thing foreign phone companies use where you buy the phone at half the price it's worth and it's yours after a set period or until you decide to terminate it.

But no they will forever rob the third world countries (especially hype and in style JA), because they can -_-.