Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digicel text spam

I'm running a Chinese brand android with dual sim. I can confirm that I get more text spam from Digi when compared to LIME. With regards to voice spam. Not sure which is worse.

Digicel text spam also cause me to miss important message since some time I no longer pay my incoming messages any mind thinking that it is a apam
    Worm di Engineer

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
    Digicel text spam also cause me to miss important message since some time I no longer pay my incoming messages any mind thinking that it is a apam
    Then simply save the #s and apply silent tones and no led as I suggested, can't your phone do that? Maybe you need to get a blackberry then

Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    I'm running a Chinese brand android with dual sim. I can confirm that I get more text spam from Digi when compared to LIME. With regards to voice spam. Not sure which is worse.
    I can confirm that as well, in fact it should be obvious to most people by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
    Digicel text spam also cause me to miss important message since some time I no longer pay my incoming messages any mind thinking that it is a spam
    Same here.

I dont think most people will mind getting one message a week, Digicel however send out 2 to 3 per day, everyday including Sundays. Digicel right now base on volume and frequency is the most prolific (worst) spammer in Jamaica, no other company or individual in Jamaica sends out that much spam on any platform.
    Spamming has always been the domain of scoundrels and low lifes, used to harass and to hustle money from people. A big company like Digicel need to find other ways of getting revenue and desist from engaging in this type of activity. The fact that they are doing this against their OWN subscribers represents a new low for Digicel.

Quote Originally Posted by aejr120 View Post
    They also have this thing where it's not a SMS but it's a GUI pop-up (Class-0) message which cannot be blocked.
    The Class-0 messages are the ones that annoy me the most. The other text messages I add to TouchWiz's Spam number list so I no longer get notified of those. The messages that come up with a name (not a mumber) can't be blocked by traditional means.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

jomo Guest

Hold up, 2 or 3 spam a DAY??????? No sah, I get max 3 a week or so

A so dem gwan bad wid pre paiders? LOL, waste man unu anyway