Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did your phone replace your digital camera for capturing memories?

Default Did your phone replace your digital camera for capturing memories?

Since I got the Note 2 I hardly had a reason to carry a camera with me.

However in low light situations when it matter I still carry my digital camera.

The note 3 is just a little better, but if I am going out clubbing and want to save some memories I will still take my digital camera.

Maybe a Nokia lumia 1020 phone would take care of that, but we all know win phone 8 just aint gonna work for me.

How is it with your phone?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Digital Cameras were dead for me since I switched to Android. No looking back. Plus the quality gets better with every new device I purchase. Digital Cameras and MP3 Players have been fully replaced by my smartphone. I went to a wedding recently and took pics using my Note2, and the pics were beautiful.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Digital Cameras were dead for me since I switched to Android. No looking back. Plus the quality gets better with every new device I purchase. Digital Cameras and MP3 Players have been fully replaced by my smartphone....
    ^ this... honestly my phone take better videos than my digital camera I have, and those how know my kid know I record all of their fight. If i had a better cam id most likey use it. but for now Android wins !
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

smartphone's wont replace a dslr if you're a photography buff, but for 99% of us who are just casual phone users..smartphones definitely replace digital camera's, i dont think i've even ever owned one
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

digital cameras and watches are things of the past for me
    Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz, 4GB ram

Blu Life One 4G LTE (stock for now)

When going parties and stuff, I just bring my phone. The type of places I go to, if I bring my dslr,
    I won't be doing much of anything and then I become the designated photographer as it'll either always be occupying my hand or hitting me in the chest.
    When I have time like I'm rollerblading, walking or I go to a party where I'm the designated driver, I'll bring it but for a quick photo, my phone is the main device.
    Much easier to carry and store.

I still use my 10MP Kodak camera, alongside my S4, Lumia 920 and DSLR. Just depends on what is going on

Still use my camera. I don't see a phone with 10X optical zoom - not one I would buy anyways. And as said before - professional photographers not going use phone.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I've no need for a Digital Camera anymore,..
    It's sad thou cause I have a Nikon D90 and a Canon 7D gathering Dust.. Grrrr ... Just too busy to go out and shot...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

jomo Guest

For my *ahem* personal use my phone camera is just fine

(I do miss the 'slow motion' recording on my note 2 though, damn I made some masterpieces with that thing) heheh