Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel text spam

Default Digicel text spam

Pretty sure I'm late to the "complain about Digicel" game. However, has ne1 found a decent way to control Digicel text spam on an android?

Call them and tell them to remove you from Text promotions list..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

jomo Guest

LIME actually CALLS you with spam! Now that's a whooooole other level, spam recordings that is

I just save the digicel spam #s and attach silent ringtones and disable led for it

I've used 'text blocker' in the past on android and it seemed to work

Or do as gprs said but I heard that doesn't work sometimes

Keep calling them and compliaining if it bothers you!

I'm using Mr.Number for android to block the numbers they use to spam my phone - they get automatically deleted and I'm not notified when I receive it. They also have this thing where it's not a SMS but it's a GUI pop-up (Class-0) message which cannot be blocked. I really can't explain it but I assume everyone gets messages like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    LIME actually CALLS you with spam! Now that's a whooooole other level, spam recordings that is
    Digicel does this too, and they do it via voice messages as well. A customer service rep called me once but I didn't bother to listen.

jomo Guest

When their CC calls u they ask if its a good time, simply say NO

Lime is a message about ringback tones etc

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Call them and tell them to remove you from Text promotions list..
    I went to both the liguanea and New Kingston store and requested removal. Reps told me that it was not possible.

When their CC calls u they ask if its a good time, simply say NO

Lime is a message about ringback tones etc
    Nods. I usually engage in "dirty talk" if it's a female. They don't seem to appreciate that though.

Quote Originally Posted by aejr120 View Post
    I'm using Mr.Number for android to block the numbers they use to spam my phone - they get automatically deleted and I'm not notified when I receive it. They also have this thing where it's not a SMS but it's a GUI pop-up (Class-0) message which cannot be blocked. I really can't explain it but I assume everyone gets messages like that.
    There are some messages I don't mind getting. Example: A reminder that my international call plan is about to expire. Looking for an app that might be able to manage messages based on keywords in the content. Looks like I may need to build a custom app for that.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    I went to both the liguanea and New Kingston store and requested removal. Reps told me that it was not possible.
    Stores Can't do it,.. Unless you go to one of the Actual Digicel Business offices...
    You have to Call...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

jomo Guest

Don't see the big deal once its silenced and no led, unless yu a di type a nigga fi get exited by one likkle text LOL half the time I don't even notice the spam messages much less to read them or care enough to call and be put on a. List

Next thing dem have a competition and I enter and win a million cash, which could help me put some food back in the fridge and buy back some 22" chrome

Lol

... unless yu a di type a nigga fi get exited by one likkle text ....
    Worse.

I'm one o them niggas fresh from the states whining about everything.

I so need to chill.

Actually, Digicel does call or leaves voice mail messages on your phone. Also they have some messages that can't be blocked or silenced.

What i hate most about these spam messages is the one that asks you to beg friends & family in foreign to buy you credit. It plays to the whole theme of begging and free-ness, like yuh is a stockie a beg a smalls from foreign.

What's worse is when you call CC to remove your name from the list, the asking you for PUK number. My sim card came in a Nokia 3210 (when it was first introduced), where the hell am i to find that letter with the PUK number. This is method to prevent you coming off that list because they know most people won't have it.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.