Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turn Your iPhone into a BlackBerry

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    BlackBerry Keyboard > All
    That's what I thought but these guys saying they don't have to look to type

Gonna give this swype thing another shot (guess cause mi bun out the 'swyper' dem mi nuh tek to it) and see what is what cause soon as mi fix mi legacy and insure mi fuga mi due an upgrade where phone is concerned!

Swipe Works but it's annoying if your doing allot of typing..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Was bound to happen sooner or later

BlackBerry Files Lawsuit Against Seacrest’s Typo Keyboard Startup For Infringement

BlackBerry has today filed a lawsuit against startup Typo Keyboards, which is backed by Ryan Seacrest. The company alleges that Typo copied BlackBerry’s patented and “iconic” keyboard design. Updated with statement from Typo below.

“We are flattered by the desire to graft our keyboard onto other smartphones, but we will not tolerate such activity without fair compensation for using our intellectual property and our technological innovations,” Steve Zipperstein, BlackBerry’s General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, said in a statement today.

Seacrest invested $1M in the accessory, which encloses an iPhone in a case with a keyboard attached to the bottom half. The keyboard covers the iPhone’s home button but offers an alternate home button on the bottom right corner.

BlackBerry says that the Typo Keyboard violates its intellectual property rights, and that it will protect those rights from “blatant copying and infringement.”

“BlackBerry’s iconic physical keyboard designs have been recognized by the press and the public as a significant market differentiator for its mobile handheld devices,” the statement concludes.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/03/bla...-infringement/
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

It took a while.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

lol, how come I am just seeing this? lol. I love how no one mentioned that it looks eactly like the BB keyboard. lol. I waiting for the first S4 keyboard to drop and see how many people jump on that bomb like its the best thing since slice bread. I guess most people don't type more than 2 sentences at a time though so keyboards are not going to be important to the majority of the new smartphone users.

Owen, people hardly complain about physical keyboards anymore especially with Android devices because they can actually type faster with the "Swipe type" software keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    lol, how come I am just seeing this? lol. I love how no one mentioned that it looks eactly like the BB keyboard. lol. I waiting for the first S4 keyboard to drop and see how many people jump on that bomb like its the best thing since slice bread. I guess most people don't type more than 2 sentences at a time though so keyboards are not going to be important to the majority of the new smartphone users.
    I type much faster using swype. That keyboard would never even sell one for Android.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

How much do you type each time? 1 paragraph instant messages? I've noticed people typing less and less. Not sure if the global IQ is falling or something.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    How much do you type each time? 1 paragraph instant messages? I've noticed people typing less and less. Not sure if the global IQ is falling or something.
    However long my emails need to be.

I dont do the short hand typing, just seems stupid to me.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

I actually read AND write. Very long winded sentences paragraphs to be quite honest and in perfect punctuation. The Global IQ average is likely falling or should I say failing. If you have seen some of the so called professionalism of emails and resumes from this "younger generation" the world is in for a sad state of affairs. I think they are finding it difficult to transition from IM to English.

For the record, I type 75 words per minute on a physical keyboard (touch typing) so I would obviously prefer something physical to type on, just saying that people have gotten used to Swiping their short sentences on glass.

I know you are still a fan of your Blackberry and its physical keyboard but the company is just not doing well and its keyboard models aren't selling that much more than their glass ones so continue to get your practice on the glass even though it may be inferior as it may not be around for much longer. Last time I checked I couldn't find a modern Android device with a physical keyboard... dying breed.

You are probably one of the few that will read this message in its entirety but I miss expressing myself and videos will never contain enough detailed material as a book or manual...oh well. L8r lol.