Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry os 10.2.1 with direct install android apk files

Cool Blackberry os 10.2.1 with direct install android apk files

Been awhile since i posted. Seems not many follow whats happening with blackberry now but let me ask.

Who has tried the new os?
    What has the experience been like?
    What is the general thought of this community with the fact that the new os basically gives you access to most if not all android apps by direct download and install on the device?
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

why don't people just buy an android device if they want android apps. blackberry's os doesn't have google services and their android image is being emulated. that makes some apps run worse or not at all
    Last edited by wiel; Dec 1, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiel View Post
    why don't people just buy an android device if they want android apps. blackberry's os doesn't have google services and their android image is being emulated. that makes some apps run worse or not at all
    Maybe they prefer the BlackBerry hardware, or the BlackBerry OS, or even just the Blackberry brand. Nothing wrong with choice. To each his own.

+1 on that. To each his own.
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

I need to get a new OS 10 hardware by the Q10 is still on the expensive side. And I seem people complaining about the missing track ball/pad so they might be holding out until they bring that back.

Doubt they will come back with it
    in fact after using an os 10 device it feels weird going back to home buttons and trackpads
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

jomo Guest

Not everyone wants a common android phone that will shatter at a drop and a pain to use sometimes if my z10 had better battery life and android apps I'd prefer it to my note 2 and when I'm ready to upgrade again I'd still think of a bb10 everybody has android even iphone I'd choose over an android right now and the choices are lame to me s4 htc one, lollll

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Not everyone wants a common android phone that will shatter at a drop and a pain to use sometimes if my z10 had better battery life and android apps I'd prefer it to my note 2 and when I'm ready to upgrade again I'd still think of a bb10 everybody has android even iphone I'd choose over an android right now and the choices are lame to me s4 htc one, lollll
    stop trying to justify your ignorance, go hold a corner with your iPhone boy!!!!!!!!!!!
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Quote Originally Posted by docdibble View Post
    Doubt they will come back with it
    in fact after using an os 10 device it feels weird going back to home buttons and trackpads
    Yea I think the trackpad days are officially done

As I've said before. I rather a dedicated keypad. Lots of people do. While my reason is for texting when driving - a very bad thing - the point is I can glance at my phone and reply to either messages or whole emails using a BB versus an iPhone or Android. I have to pull off the road to do that. I can say that having used the three platforms and various devices.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".