Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung - Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

I sell Note 10.1 Tablets. Never had a Customer complain about one. They all love it.

For now thou I'll stick to my iPad.

I'm sure they're great but I'm alittle lol. For me, I'm still rocking my ipad 3 but I'm ditching it as these samsung tablets drop. Setting up the mini retina recently it hit me just how closed off the apple eco system is. Not even Bluetooth sharing of files?! The note 3 works great, I just need a bigger screen for some tasks. I'm just hoping samsung battery life sort out, well, android on a whole. With ipad I unplug after a full charge and 7 days later with wifi left on, I still have 100% left, I wish android had that kind of standby time...

Oh, looking fwd to the amoled displays on tge new tabs as well.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    I'm sure they're great but I'm alittle lol. For me, I'm still rocking my ipad 3 but I'm ditching it as these samsung tablets drop. Setting up the mini retina recently it hit me just how closed off the apple eco system is. Not even Bluetooth sharing of files?! The note 3 works great, I just need a bigger screen for some tasks. I'm just hoping samsung battery life sort out, well, android on a whole. With ipad I unplug after a full charge and 7 days later with wifi left on, I still have 100% left, I wish android had that kind of standby time...

Never tried Airdrop?

I can airdrop files to my Android phone? In 2013 dem way too closer off boss. Everything is becoming interconnected yet ios is going in the opposite direction...tirrd of it. I had to transfer a file from my note 3 to my ipad, and I had to think DEEPLY to come up with a method to do so. I'm on the road and not near wifi. I had to use es file explorer to create a adhoc network and also to enable a ftp server. I then browsed to the server address from safari on the ipad and was able to do the transfer thay way. Not even basic access to the file system ios provides so, mi dun. Doubt I'm buying back a ios device for the foreseeable future.

Anyhow, my rant is done lol. Lets get back on topic.
    Google Nexus 6P™

As you can see here, the Ipad 4 battery life is not much better than the galaxy note 2014 edition.

EDIT:

Forgot to add this.... Almost same battery life while capable of doing WAY MORE.
    Last edited by pezz; Dec 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Battery depends alot on usage and user but I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking the standby time. An ipad can lose as little as 1% a week jus being on with wifi on doin nothing. Android devices lose several percent a day doin the same thing.

Also, the charge time of the note 10.1 2014 is horrendous. It can take as much as 6-7 hrs to charge from 0 to 100%. I'm hoping they fix this in the new devices announced with a more powerful charger.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Battery depends alot on usage and user but I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking the standby time. An ipad can lose as little as 1% a week jus being on with wifi on doin nothing. Android devices lose several percent a day doin the same thing.

Also, the charge time of the note 10.1 2014 is horrendous. It can take as much as 6-7 hrs to charge from 0 to 100%. I'm hoping they fix this in the new devices announced with a more powerful charger.
    if you do the same with the note as you do with your Ipad it will do the same.

While your ipad is on stand by it is doing nothing.

While the Note is on standby it can be doing a million things depending on what you have installed.

My Note 3 lasts almost 5 days on a single charge. Because I hardly have much installed on it and running in the background.

Standby between the two cant be compared that easily. Running stuff in the background is next to non existent on IOS. I know a few apps can.

Argee charge time is terribad...
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Charge time is bad on iPads as well, around 4-5 hours to fully charge

Setting up the mini retina recently it hit me just how closed off the apple eco system is. Not even Bluetooth sharing of files?!
    same feeling i got when i initially used Samsung products after YEarS of apple.

Samsung just need to come out with a innovation in battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    same feeling i got when i initially used Samsung products after YEarS of apple.

Samsung just need to come out with a innovation in battery life.
    I dont quite understand... can you explain.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup