Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samsung - Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

I had ordered a case for this device but as you know I'm waiting, so if any current owner is interested here's the case I ordered which is now up for sale. This is the kind of case I buy for all my tablets, the functionality is unparalleled.

Link me if any of you are interested. Only 2.5k
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Battery depends alot on usage and user but I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking the standby time. An ipad can lose as little as 1% a week jus being on with wifi on doin nothing. Android devices lose several percent a day doin the same thing.

Also, the charge time of the note 10.1 2014 is horrendous. It can take as much as 6-7 hrs to charge from 0 to 100%. I'm hoping they fix this in the new devices announced with a more powerful charger.
    here is an example. And I use the phone, so is nto even completely idle lol. Note 3

SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Well, the big reveal has come and gone and it was indeed a mixed bag. They revealed 4 tablets that share the exact same internals with the only differentiating factors being screen size and the inclusion/exclusion of a SPen.

They revealed the TabPro 10.1" that has the same specs as the note 10.1 2014 minus the spen. No samoled screens in sight which is disappointing but it is what it is. What is interesting though is that they have shown the successor to touchwiz, at least on tablets. Magazine UX is Windows surface-esque and I think makes alot of sense on a tablet and adds functionality while making use of the larger screen real estate on a tablet. Of note also is that they have done away with the menu capacitive button, replacing it with a button that opens recent apps.

This brings me to my point. The note 10.1 2014 has the same specs as all the new tablets and will most likely get the new 4.4.2 magazine ux update just in time for the release of these new tablets essentially making it the notepro 10.1 but with the menu button (well the icon anyway) as opposed to the the new button. Considering all the specs are the same, would it make sense to just get the note 10.1 2014 now as opposed to waiting on the new tablets? The prices have been leaked and the tabpro 10.1 should be about $479 making the addition of the spen in the note 10.1 2014 a $70 addition. I probably won't be using it enough to justify the price as I barely use it on my notr 3 except for scrapbooking.

Anyhow, your thoughts are welcomed.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Well, saw the note 10.1 2014 on sale on newegg for 10% off and pulled the trigger (again lol). Considering same specs and display, I see it as a win plus I don't have to wait to use my tab. Now just the wait for magazine ux.
    Google Nexus 6P™

well it has been one year now since i got my samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014......and its stilll runs great
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
    TV: LG LM6700
    PC: laptop Toshiba Qosmio X505

Quote Originally Posted by odanerob View Post
    well it has been one year now since i got my samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014......and its stilll runs great
    Mine fell and the screen broke...but amazon refunded me so I got the Tab S as a replacement and I am elated with it as what I really wanted all along was an amoled display tablet. I miss the spen as it's more useful on a tablet than on my note 3, but the trade-off is worth it for the amoled screen. Let's see if they drop a note 10.5 2015 edition amoled tablet with spen lol.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Mine fell and the screen broke...but amazon refunded me so I got the Tab S as a replacement and I am elated with it as what I really wanted all along was an amoled display tablet. I miss the spen as it's more useful on a tablet than on my note 3, but the trade-off is worth it for the amoled screen. Let's see if they drop a note 10.5 2015 edition amoled tablet with spen lol.

Toyanucci..you buy your tab note from amazon right? Did you ship it directly to Ja if so give me an idea of how much it cost to clear it. I am making the arrangements to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but don't have anyone to carry it download...so I may have to ship to from amazon directly to me...

Where did you get that case from Toyanucci. I would like one like that.
    Last edited by Chromium; Nov 24, 2023 at 01:40 PM.