Thread: Google kicks CyanogenMod

Default Google kicks CyanogenMod

Users wanting to move their Android device over to CyanogenMod, an alternative open-source Android distribution that is based on the official releases of Android, will have to return to sideloading the installer, after the CyanogenMod Installer app was voluntarily removed by CyanogenMod after being given an ultimatum to remove the app from Google.

Writing in a blog post, CyanogenMod said that it was contacted by Google for violating the terms of the Google Play store, and was advised to voluntarily pull the app from the store, or Google would remove it "administratively".

"We have complied with their wishes while we wait for a more favourable resolution," wrote ciwrl, CyanogenMod's head moderator.

"After reaching out to the Play team, their feedback was that though application itself is harmless, since it 'encourages users to void their warranty', it would not be allowed to remain in the store."

Launched only two weeks ago, the CyanogenMod Installer makes the process of unlocking an Android device's bootloader and installing CyanogenMod much easier than it had previously been.

Although the app is now removed from the store, it is still able to be installed from CyanogenMod's website.

CyanogenMod said that in the two weeks the app was available, it had seen "hundreds of thousands of installations".
    source -http://www.zdnet.com/google-kicks-cy...re-7000023712/

Makes sense...............
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Google wasnt being a *****... they were being fair. Voiding ur warrantee is a Big no no, it shudnt be encouraged, it should be done at your own risk. I wuda done the same as gooogle did

i think the issue is that the app really didnt do any of that tho, it was more of just a guide
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    i think the issue is that the app really didnt do any of that tho, it was more of just a guide
    Yea, but the mere fact that it is in the official Play store means people will try it without thinking twice. If they have to follow some weird instructions on a forum post they are more likely to stop and consider the implications.

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    Aiding and abetting...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions