Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ncb bank transfer

Default Ncb bank transfer

As anyone here ever transferred funds from their NCB account to their Scotia account or another bank. A rep on the phone said no but am not sure if she knows what she is talking about. But i do receive transfers from other banks please let me know thanks
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

As far as I know that can be done with standing orders. I don't know if you can do third-party transfers to other institutions - I know you can do that to other accounts to make payments to people, but not to other banks. I think RBC allows that or the one owned by Grace Kennedy............
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

You may need to do something like an international wire transfer. CIBC xfer Scotia learned me that.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    As far as I know that can be done with standing orders. I don't know if you can do third-party transfers to other institutions - I know you can do that to other accounts to make payments to people, but not to other banks. I think RBC allows that or the one owned by Grace Kennedy............
    .....think it's First Global
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

From my Scotia Business Account I can Transfer to Any Local bank...
    This is not the case for Personal accounts thou.. Can only transfer to other Scotia Form personal..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    From my Scotia Business Account I can Transfer to Any Local bank...
    This is not the case for Personal accounts thou.. Can only transfer to other Scotia Form personal..
    Businesses demand more respect than people.

The option is on my Scotia account to transfer to other institutions. I can't believe in this day and age NCB is still using that caveman banking system. I want to cash in my scotia bank account but they only gave me a limit of $US2000 per month and that's not enough so i wanted to transfer funds from my NCB account to the scotia account instead of going to the tellers each month. Because they want source of funds and i don't want to register as a business right now. Any suggestions
    Last edited by theseeker; Nov 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
    The option is on my Scotia account to transfer to other institutions. I can't believe in this day and age NCB is still using that caveman banking system. That's crazy
    Could be intentional. As a captive audience. We don't have much choice.

I am hoping Bitcoins will have an impact on banking-opoly

Quote Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
    As anyone here ever transferred funds from their NCB account to their Scotia account or another bank. A rep on the phone said no but am not sure if she knows what she is talking about. But i do receive transfers from other banks please let me know thanks
    There are two primary methods for interbank transfer in Jamaica, RTGS (near instant) and ACH (takes a day or two). NCB offers online ACH and RTGS transfers to their corporate customers but not to regular/personal internet banking users (yet). I think Scotia is in the same boat. Both First Global and First Caribbean are far more advanced when it comes to offering interbank transfer to their non-business customer online.

NCB does however offer RTGS transfers in branch, and if it is a recurring payment then a standing order will get the job done as well (I think they use ACH for that). So as a personal account holder you basically have two options (1) Go into the branch and do an RTGS transfer (1) Set up a standing order.

Quote Originally Posted by talawahdotnet View Post
    NCB does however offer RTGS transfers in branch, ...
    Not sure what RTGS and ACH is, but from what I think you were saying in this line, NCB allows you to do transfers from 1 NCB account to another, online. Not just inside their branches.

If that's what you were saying, or not saying, forgive me.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008