Thread: Next-Gen Failures

Default Next-Gen Failures

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rifying-noises

Some consumers who bought Xbox Ones at launch came home to find that their new console's disc drive was busted and that it makes a loud, scary noise when a blu-ray is inserted. The sounds don't last long, but it's still enough to make anyone who's just plopped down top dollar on a new console cringe.

A handful of videos portraying this error have been compiled at NeoGAF, though there's no way of knowing how widespread this problem is.

We've reached out to Microsoft about this to try and gauge how common this issue is and if these noises are normal or isolated incidents. This was Microsoft's official response:

"We know that with a hardware launch of this magnitude customers will have questions and we have many avenues for customers to get the answers they need and get back in the game as soon as possible. Rest assured we plan to take care of our customers. Any customer who believes they are experiencing an issue with their Xbox One should reach out to us."

"There are many avenues available for customers to get in touch with us including:

Talking to a live customer support person that can call you back if you don't want to wait
    Xbox.com for support pages and forums
    On Twitter with @XboxSupport
    There are also Help and diagnostics on the console by saying 'Xbox Help'"
    There are issues for the ps4 as well but I think mostly could be fixed easily. Shame on the ppl showing off that they have a copy of CoD ghosts. Should be a dirty little secret you tell nobody about much less put on camera
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

cant know the full extent of these things til like a month later
    both issues are just as bad to me, ps4 might not boot, which i get the feeling is half user error, but if xbox one disc not loading its just as broken and might as well never turn on.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

Yeah, the PS4 issue is just as bad IMO. In the US Sony is replacing them with expedited shipping though, but if you're unable to take advantage of that I'd suggest holding off for like 6 months.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

I haven't heard of any issues with the Wii-U as yet. Next Gen is off to a nice run. They say the problems with the PS4/Xboner is less than 1%.

Probably its a trick to encourage us to go ALL DIGITAL. lol
    Last edited by owen; Nov 25, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I haven't heard of any issues with the Wii-U as yet. Next Gen is off to a nice run. The say the problems with the PS4/Xboner is less than 1%.
    Interesting auto-cor.
    Anywayz:
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

I haven't heard of any issues with the Wii-U as yet. Next Gen is off to a nice run. They say the problems with the PS4/Xboner is less than 1%.

I'm sure RROD started off with less than 1%. The ps4 problem sounds like bugs, the xb1 problem sounds like failed manufacturing/design. Well, the HDMI problem is manufacturing I guess but that's something minor and pretty much external. Maybe the disc problem is related to shipping shocks... which might mean a weak point. Maybe the ps4 HDMI slot gets warped gradually as it heats or the cord is inserted. maybe maybe maybe.

We'll see whose failure numbers climb up the highest. I think the disc issue is more likely to be systemic rather than random problems. Till they change the disc drive anyway. I'm betting the ps4 wins there, though I'm still waiting before buying.

Microsoft to launch new version of Xbox One in 1Q14

already being revised
    Last edited by semitop; Nov 25, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
    All rights reserved.

In that case, we're better off with a PC. Cheaper to repair.

Xbox One customers with faulty disc drives will receive free digital game

hmmmm... lol.

One thing though is that I guess its not as bad as a console failure. Seems you can still play digital stuff. Not a complete loss like some ps4 bugs. I'm sure its not just disc issues that people have though. Its just the loudest issue.
    All rights reserved.

Seems the Xbox One has more problems

If you thought disc drive troubles were bad, count your blessings, because some Xbox One owners are reporting far worse problems. How bad? About $500 worth of plastic and chips going up like a pack of Marlboros bad.
    It's hard to believe, but that's the story of two users are reporting on the Xbox Support Forum, claiming that their consoles actually started smoking after showing an amber light.
    Source here
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650