Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIME undertaking $8.3b network upgrade

Default LIME undertaking $8.3b network upgrade

TELECOM provider LIME announced a U$79 million ($8.3 billion) investment to upgrade its mobile network aimed at offering faster speeds, improved voice quality and increased coverage.

The investment will span two years and started in October.

"We consider this meaningful investment to be one that will significantly enhance the way people live, work and play, which is increasingly influenced by their ability to make high-speed internet connections," said Garfield Sinclair, president of LIME in a press statement issued yesterday.
    Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...#ixzz2kWd7eVU7
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

will deliver fast broadband speeds of up to 21 megabits per second and superior voice call quality.
    I wonder what technology this indicates,4G LTE?

A who seh LIME dead?!
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

If its LTE, Hope LIME Install hardware that support higher data speed than what was said in the article (21 megabits per second) Since LTE support more than 42mbps.
    The LTE specification provides downlink peak rates of 300 Mbit/s, uplink peak rates of 75 Mbit/s and QoS provisions permitting a transfer latency of less than 5 ms in the radio access network. LTE has the ability to manage fast-moving mobiles and supports multi-cast and broadcast streams.

T-Mobile LTE Speed Test
    Mesquite,Texas and McKinney Texas..
    Last edited by TechGT; Nov 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I wonder what technology this indicates,4G LTE?
    21 Mb/s sound like it is still HSPA...but hopefully they will put in the groundwork necessary for LTE while they are at it.

21Mbps is most certainly HSPA+. Their existing 3G network works sporadically around Kingston and Portmore then basically dead until you reach Ocho Rios so this is a most welcome investment.

I would however recommend DC-HSPA+ (Dual Cell) considering that they are so late to the game.

As a comparison. Which of the two services (Lime, Digicel ) provide the best 4g experience?

Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    As a comparison. Which of the two services (Lime, Digicel ) provide the best 4g experience?
    Digicel Hands Down... I left LIME because their Data Sucks. Whenever my phone displays "H+" on LIME it's all good and well. Data is fine...but once the display icon changes to "3G" that's it I can kiss my data goodbye until I see H+ being displayed again. I found that to be annoying considering that the signal is constantly switching between 3G and H+ So I left LIME and went to Digicel. To Date Digicel has not caused me this inconvenience.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    Digicel gives you less headaches, with that said they are very poor indoors/inside buildings, my experience and EDGE is only usable for voice calls and text.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

i hope mandeville is part of the upgrade plan. all we have is poor G. cant even check email w/o waiting forever to load a page.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........